Blue Bombers Sign Three Non-Imports Including Former Manitoba Bison Teague ShermanDecember 13, 2012 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Dunn (6-7, 296, Western, DOB: August 21, 1988 in Burlington, Ontario) was drafted by the Blue Bombers in the third round (17th overall) of the 2011 CFL Draft and spent all of last season on the team's practice roster. He also spent the first half of the 2011 season on the practice roster before returning to school for his final year of eligibility and was named a CIS First Team All-Canadian at tackle.
Sherman (5-11, 195, Manitoba, DOB: March 29, 1988 in Edmonton, Alberta) took home his second consecutive CIS First Team All-Canadian selection at safety this past season after finishing first in the conference in tackles per game with 7.5. His 45 total tackles ranked him second in the Canada West Conference and he also added one sack, one interception and two forced fumbles.
Westerman (5-11, 177, Rutgers, DOB: December 23, 1986 in Brampton, Ontario) joined the Blue Bombers' practice roster in October after going undrafted in the CFL Draft. He was a walk-on as a freshman at Rutgers and played both receiver and defensive back.
Canadian Football League Stories from December 13, 2012
- Stadium Asset Sale Final Countdown - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Esks Mourn Passing of Harry Hobbs - Edmonton Eskimos
- Anthony Calvillo to Return in 2013 - Montreal Alouettes
- Blue Bombers Sign Three Non-Imports Including Former Manitoba Bison Teague Sherman - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Grant Shaw Is Home to Stay - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tim Brown Signs Extension with Leos - B.C. Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.