Blazers Acquire 19-Year-Old Defenseman Joel EdmundsonDecember 6, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Kamloops Blazers
Edmundson is a second round pick of the St. Louis Blue in the 2011 NHL Draft. The 6'4" 208lb defenseman has two goals, six assists and eight points this season in 29 games.
"Joel is a big, physical, two-way defenseman that will make us a harder team to play against," commented General Manager Craig Bonner. "The addition of Joel comes at a price, but we feel that he will solidify our defense as we enter the second half of the season."
With this transaction, the Blazers roster continues to sit at 24 players including two goaltenders, eight defenseman and 14 forwards.
Western Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2012
- Mueller to Play for Swiss at World Juniors - Everett Silvertips
- WHL this Week: Looking Ahead - WHL
- Todd Harkins to Join Cougars Coaching Staff - Prince George Cougars
- Pats Reassign Two Forwards - Regina Pats
- Hitmen Host TELUS Shake up the Dome - Calgary Hitmen
- Warriors & Blazers Complete Trade - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Blazers Acquire 19-Year-Old Defenseman Joel Edmundson - Kamloops Blazers
- The Home Depot Backyard Rink Contest Returns - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rebels Start Road Trip with a 5-1 Win in Regina - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Dumped by Giants - Victoria Royals
- Giants Dominate the Royals 7-2 - Vancouver Giants
- Rockets Rally over Swift Current 6-5 - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Fall 6-2 in Lethbridge - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.