Teddy Bear Night Saturday, December 8thDecember 5, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Lethbridge Hurricanes
The annual tradition is a highlight event on the Hurricanes calendar as fans are encouraged to bring a new stuffed animal to the game. When the Hurricanes score their first goal of the night, fans should let the bears fly!
Last year, Captain Graham Hood scored the goal and nearly 3,000 teddy bears were collected and donated to a number of area charities and organizations - Chinook Regional Hospital Pediatric Ward, Interfaith Food Bank, Piikani Youth Centre, RCMP Victim Services Unit, the Salvation Army, Streets Alive and 1st Choice Savings and Credit Union on behalf of Lethbridge Family Services Angel Tree for Kids.
Western Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2012
- Pats Fall to Red Deer 5-1 - Regina Pats
- Cougars Captain Brock Hirsche Announces Retirement from WHL - Prince George Cougars
- Tigers Donate $5000.00 in Scholarships to 40th Hockey Hound Bantam Tournament - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Blazers Name Willick as Captain - Kamloops Blazers
- Trevor Linden Returns to Medicine Hat this Weekend - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Broncos Call up Gawdin - Swift Current Broncos
- Teddy Bear Night Saturday, December 8th - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Jordan Eberle Honoured Tonight - Regina Pats
- Pats vs Red Deer Rebels Gameday Preview - Regina Pats
- Silvertips Lose Heartbreaker in Portland - Everett Silvertips
- Blazers Down Broncos 2-1 - Kamloops Blazers
- Brendan Leipsic Nets Four Goals in 7-5 Winterhawks Win over Everett - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.