Former Wranglers Goaltender Marc Magliarditi Named to ECHL Hall of FameDecember 3, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Las Vegas Wranglers
Magliarditi, 36, spent his final four seasons of professional hockey with the Wranglers, appearing in 146 games from 2003-07. A sixth-round NHL draft pick by the Chicago Blackhawks in 1995, Magliarditi leads the ECHL with 25 career shutouts and is only the second goaltender to be named to the league's Hall of Fame. The Niagara Falls, New York native is second behind 2008 Hall of Fame goaltender inductee Nick Vitucci with 217 career wins and 21,154 minutes played, and earned an 83-45-14 record in four seasons with Las Vegas.
Along with Magliarditi, defensemen Dave Craievich and Steve Poapst and left wing Darren Schwartz will be inducted into the ECHL Hall of Fame at a luncheon held in conjunction with the 2013 ECHL All-Star Game in Loveland, Colo., on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013.
"We are proud to welcome this year's class of four players with outstanding credentials, and uniquely different resumes," said ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna. "Marc Magliarditi was an outstanding goaltender; Dave Craievich, a well-rounded defenseman; an outstanding scorer in Darren Schwartz and a developmental player in Steve Poapst, who after beginning his career in the ECHL, went on to a fine NHL career. All four played a significant role in the growth and development of the ECHL."
The Wranglers hit the road to take on the Stockton Thunder on Tuesday and Wednesday before returning home to split a weekend series against the Idaho Steelheads and Thunder on Friday, Dec. 7, and Saturday, Dec. 8. Both home games start at 7:05 p.m.
Celebrating 10 seasons of Wranglers hockey this year, 2012-13 ticket plans are on sale now. Packages start at $93 and can be customized for five, 12 or 22-game plans. Full season tickets come with benefits including buddy passes, exclusive events, a team shop discount and more. Take advantage of the best deals by calling the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-PUCK . The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2012
- Thunder Weekly: Second Place Thunder Hosts Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Former Wranglers Goaltender Marc Magliarditi Named to ECHL Hall of Fame - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Weekly: Condors Split Weekend Series; Three Games on Tap - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Class - ECHL
- Road Warriors Teddy Bear Toss on Friday December 7 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Christmas Parade and Coat Drive - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces back in familiar position - ECHL
- Edmonton Reassigns RW Toni Rajala to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Split Pair at Gwinnett; Open Three-Game Series at Orlando Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Host Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Loans D Nathan Deck to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Radio Recon Might Sit in the Lotus Position for this One - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Weekly: College Pride Night and Teddy Bear Toss this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.