Nailers Host Teddy Bear Toss FridayDecember 3, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Wheeling Nailers
On Friday, December 7th, fans are encouraged to bring a new or gently used teddy bear or stuffed animal to the game, which they will then throw onto the ice, after the Nailers score their first goal of the game. The stuffed animals will be donated to children in the area for the holidays, following the contest. Although the team encourages fans to throw the stuffed animals onto the ice, if fans have a large amount, they may bring those to the Wheeling Nailers office, located at 1315 Main Street.
"This is probably my favorite game of the year" said Nailers Vice President Craig Bommer. "We are shooting for 4,000 stuffed animals Friday, in an effort to help local children during the holidays."
The Teddy Bear Toss is part of a jam packed weekend at WesBanco Arena, which also features appearances by Iceburgh and the Pittsburgh Penguins Ice Crew on December 7th, as well as a Thunderstix Giveaway on December 8th. Those will be the first two games out of nine, in which the Nailers will be playing at home during the month of December.
Group and single game tickets can be purchased by calling 304-234-4625 or 1-877-NAIL-TIX. All Nailers games will be broadcast on Wheeling's rock station EAGLE 107 (107.5 FM). Fans can also listen to and watch all Nailers games on wheelingnailers.com.
2012-2013 Wheeling Nailers season tickets, flex pack tickets, group tickets and single-game tickets are on sale now! For as little as $10 per game, you can enjoy the many benefits of being a Nailers season ticket holder including reserved seating for all home games at WesBanco Arena, the option to redeem unused tickets, discounts on team merchandise and access to exclusive season ticket holder-only events with the team. Convenient payment plans are available. For more information on how to join our team by becoming a Wheeling Nailers season ticket holder, or for more information on Flex Pack tickets or group tickets, call 304-234-4625 or 1-877-NAIL-TIX, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.wheelingnailers.com. Nailers single-game tickets are available at the WesBanco Arena Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.com, or by calling 304-234-4625 or 1-877-NAIL-TIX.
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2012
- Thunder Weekly: Second Place Thunder Hosts Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Former Wranglers Goaltender Marc Magliarditi Named to ECHL Hall of Fame - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Weekly: Condors Split Weekend Series; Three Games on Tap - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Road Warriors
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Class - ECHL
- Road Warriors Teddy Bear Toss on Friday December 7 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Christmas Parade and Coat Drive - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces back in familiar position - ECHL
- Edmonton Reassigns RW Toni Rajala to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Split Pair at Gwinnett; Open Three-Game Series at Orlando Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Host Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Loans D Nathan Deck to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Radio Recon Might Sit in the Lotus Position for this One - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Weekly: College Pride Night and Teddy Bear Toss this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.