Barons Recall Eric Hunter from StocktonNovember 28, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Oklahoma City Barons
Hunter, 26, signed an AHL contract with the Barons on November 6, but has been playing with the Stockton Thunder of the ECHL. With Stockton, Hunter has 12 points (4-8-12) in 16 games played and has a team best +/- rating of +11. Last season, the 6-1, 194-pounder from Winnipeg, Manitoba played in 75 games with the Lake Erie Monsters and scored 16 points (6-10-16).
Prior to turning pro, Hunter played four seasons at the University of Alberta. In 105 games with the Golden Bears, he scored 98 points (40-58-98). Prior to attending the University of Alberta, he played five seasons with the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League. He scored 233 points (111-122-233) in 323 games played with the Cougars. Hunter's 111 goals and 233 points are Cougars' franchise records in those categories.
He has the unique distinction of being drafted twice. He was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 8th round (229th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and in the 6th round (174th overall) by the New York Rangers in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
Hunter will join the Barons in Houston in advance of their set of games this Thursday and Friday against the Aeros. The Barons have won five straight and have points in each of their last seven (6-0-1-0). Faceoff is set for 7 p.m. from the Toyota Center. The games can be heard on 96.1 KXY.
A variety of ticket packages are available to meet every individual or group need. Packages ranging from 7-game and 11-game packs to Full Season Seats are available. Call the Barons' front office at 405-232-4625 for information on group outings, Season Seats and other ticket packages.
American Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2012
- Late Comeback Just Misses - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Escape Scope with 5-2 Decision over Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Rockford Rallies Past Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Bears Return Home After 5-2 Win at Norfolk - Hershey Bears
- Roy Scores First Pro Goal in 4-2 Loss to Rampage - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Earn First Road Win of the Season with 4-2 Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- IceCaps Defeat Phantoms 3-2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Hill Agrees to Terms on One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Griffins Look to Begin New Streak with Back-To-Back Home Games This Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Nicastro Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- York Reassigned to IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Statement from Albany Devils GM Chris Lamoriello on Center Adam Henrique - Albany Devils
- Barons Recall Eric Hunter from Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Cross Returns to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Home Game On December 28 Moved To First Niagara Center In Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Announce Details of Stanley Steemer Tired Teddy Toss Set for December 15 - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Weekly - Big Homestand Continues - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.