Generals Back on TopNovember 27, 2012 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) - Oshawa Generals
The Generals struck twice in the first four minutes of the game to give them an early 2-0 lead. At the 1:20 mark, Tyler Biggs let a quick shot go from the circle that beat Petes' netminder Andrew D'Agostini, giving Biggs his 14th of the year, and 28th point of the season. Cole Cassels added to the lead two minutes later, as he scored his 4th of the season to put the Generals up by two. Peterborough created their own offensive chances but trailed the Generals in shots after one (11-9).
Oshawa added to their lead at 6:16 in the second period, when Boone Jenner scored his league leading 25th goal of the season. As the play went behind Peterborough's net, Jenner snuck into the slot untouched and whistled it past D'Agostini to give the Generals a 3-0 lead.
The Petes responded at 15:54 on Peterborough's second powerplay of the game. Alan Quine blasted a one-timer over the shoulder of Daniel Altshuller to not only bring the Petes within two, but the goal also answered an 8-0 Generals run that spanned back to the last time the two teams had played (Oshawa won that game 5-0).
After the second, Generals were up 3-1.
Peterborough pushed hard to get another goal, holding Oshawa in their defensive zone for the majority of the period. Peterborough's powerplay was deadly as Petes' Captain Slater Koekkoek took a shot from the point, beating Altshuller five-hole, shrinking the Generals lead to one.
With a minute left and the Petes net empty, the Generals tried to slow a relentless attack, icing the puck several times to kill the clock. Boone Jenner won several key face-offs, before the puck was smothered in the corner to seal the Generals victory.
The Petes outshot the Generals 34-30.
Tyler Biggs and Michael Dal Colle picked up the first and second star of the game.
The Generals travel to Kingston on the 30th as they take on the Frontenacs before returning home to the General Motors Centre on Dec. 2nd where they will take on the Sarnia Sting. Puck drop is at 6:05pm.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Generals Back on Top - Oshawa Generals
- Rangers Fall 3-1 to Knights - Kitchener Rangers
- Storm's Scott Kosmachuk Named CHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Movember Shave off Party Saturday - Windsor Spitfires
- Petes Defenceman to represent Slovakia - Peterborough Petes
- Bulls Hold Teddy Bear Toss/Toy Drive on Saturday - Belleville Bulls
- Teddy Bear Toss / Stuff-A-Bus this Friday - Soo Greyhounds
- 67's Aquire Winger Brendan Bell - Ottawa 67's
- Hounds Host Teddy Bear Toss, Stuff-A-Bus this Friday - Soo Greyhounds
- Sparks Toy Drive & Teddy Bear Toss Set for this Week - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.