Wolves Weekly NotesNovember 27, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Chicago Wolves Press Release
The Wolves have won just twice in their last eight tilts (2-4-1-1) and have slipped into a share of second place in the Midwest Division; Chicago (8-6-2-1) has racked up 19 points and trails first-place Grand Rapids by three points.
--- MARK MATHESON: Paced Chicago with 5 points (2G, 3A) in three games last week, which included matching a career-best 2 assists and 3 points on Nov. 20 ... Ranks first among Wolves blueliners with 3 goals and is tied for first among team rear guards with 7 points in 15 games this season ... All 7 of his points have come in his last six tilts
--- ZACK KASSIAN: Collected 4 points (G, 3A) in three games last week after being held scoreless in his previous four tilts ... Shares third on the Wolves with 5 goals and ranks second on the squad with 11 points in 16 games this season ... His 6 helpers are tied for second on Chicago ... Four of his 5 markers have been opening goals, which is tied for first in the AHL
--- ANTON RODIN: Amassed 3 assists and 4 points in three games last week, which included a career-high 3 helpers on Nov. 20 ... Shares sixth on Chicago with five assists and has collected six points in 14 tilts this season ... All 6 of his points have come in his last seven tilts
--- CHRIS TANEV: Bagged 3 points (G, 2A) in three games last week ... Shares first among team defensemen with 7 points (2G, 5A) in 15 games this season ... Has scored twice in his last nine outings after notching just one goal in his first 79 career AHL tilts
--- BRETT STERLING: Tallied 4 points (2G, 2A) in three games last week, which included a season-best 2 goals and 3 points on Nov. 20 ... Shares the team lead with six markers and ranks first on Chicago with 13 points in 14 games this season ... Amassed 5 goals and 8 points in eight contests during the month of November
--- Chicago is currently in a stretch that has seen the team score three or more goals in three straight games for the first time this season; the Wolves have lit the lamp 11 times over their last three tilts.
--- After earning the extra point in its first three games that extended past regulation, Chicago has now surrendered the second point in three straight tilts that have been played past 60 minutes.
--- Center JORDAN SCHROEDER has scored twice in his last three outings and shares the team lead with 6 markers on the season; the 22-year-old forward also shares third on Chicago with 10 points in 17 games this season.
--- The Wolves killed off both of Milwaukee's power-play chances on Saturday, the sixth time they were perfect on the penalty kill this season; the team ranks 30th in the AHL with a 76.5 efficiency rating on the penalty kill (52 of 68).
--- Defenseman BRAD HUNT bagged Chicago's seventh power-play marker of the season on Saturday; the Wolves have converted seven of 71 power-play opportunities (9.9%) in 17 games this season.
DON'T TOY WITH ME
--- The Wolves will begin collecting toys for the United States Marine Corps "Toys for Tots" drive at their home game on Saturday, Dec. 1. Fans who donate a new, unwrapped toy will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win a 2012-13 team-signed helmet. The team will also collect toys at its games on Dec. 7, 13, and 19.
WOLVES REWIND (1-1-0-1)
Saturday, Nov. 24
Milwaukee 4, (at) Chicago 3 (SO)
--- The Wolves held a lead late in the third period, but gave up the equalizer and then the extra point in the shootout as the Milwaukee Admirals skated away with a 4-3 Amtrak Rivalry win at the Allstate Arena
--- Forwards JORDAN SCHROEDER and ZACK KASSIAN and defenseman BRAD HUNT lit the lamp for Chicago
--- Goaltender EDDIE LACK stopped 29 of 32 shots in regulation and overtime and four of six attempts in the shootout
Friday, Nov. 23
(at) Grand Rapids 4, Chicago 3
--- The Wolves were edged by the Grand Rapids Griffins 4-3 in a back-and-forth affair at Van Andel Arena
--- Defensemen CHRIS TANEV and MARK MATHESON and forward ANTON RODIN potted tallies for Chicago
--- Goaltender EDDIE LACK kicked out 25 shots
Tuesday, Nov. 20
(at) Chicago 5, Milwaukee 3
--- The Wolves snapped their three-game losing streak with a 5-3 Amtrak Rivalry win over the Milwaukee Admirals at the Allstate Arena
--- Forwards BRETT STERLING (2G, A), ANTON RODIN (3A), and MARK MATHESON (G, 2A) each posted a three-point night
--- Goaltender EDDIE LACK made 23 saves on 26 shots
Wed., Nov. 28*
vs. Rockford IceHogs$
Fri., Nov. 30*
at Milwaukee Admirals#
Sat., Dec. 1^
vs. Peoria Rivermen$
$Illinois Lottery Cup
GAMES WILL BE TELECAST LIVE ON MY50 CHICAGO, THE U TOO OR COMCAST NETWORK 100 ON XFINITY TV FROM COMCAST
Log on to chicagowolves.com for broadcast schedule, or to watch or listen to the action live online
American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Hogs Squander Early Lead, Fall 5-4 - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Erase Early Deficit, Win 5-4 in Rockford - Texas Stars
- High Five the Hogs this Holiday - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Recall from Loan Jonathan Hazen and David Pacan - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Continue Homestand with Another Busy Three-Game Week - Rochester Americans
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Dallas Returns Hubert Labrie To Idaho Stars - Texas Stars
- Barons Recall Dan Ringwald from Stockton; Loan Teigan Zahn to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rockford Looks to Keep Rolling Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Milwaukee Admirals Weekly Update - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins and Tobyhanna Army Depot Join Forces for 14th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins to Skate Wednesday at Rosa Parks Circle to Kick Off "Wednesday is Hockey Night" - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Cannata Heads to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Release Whitmore from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Team with Magic 101.7 for 2012 Teddy Bear Toss - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Recall Guentzel from ECHL Fort Wayne; Three Others Head to Komets From Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Giant Center to Host Penn State Men's Hockey on February 1 - Hershey Bears
- Stars Weekly (Week 8) - Stars Complete Home Stand, Grab Three Points In Week 7 - Texas Stars
- NTV Teddy Toss Slated for December 7 - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.