Hamilton Finds a Good Deal in Manchester on Black FridayNovember 23, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Worcester Sharks
Tim Kennedy and Curt Gogol scored early in the first period and Harri Sateri made 27 saves in the win as the Sharks extended their road winning streak to four games. John McCarthy forced overtime and rookie Freddie Hamilton scored with 2:01 remaining in the extra frame as the Sharks won their 4th straight road game when trailing after 40 minutes. Worcester continues their three games in three day stretch on Saturday night at the DCU Center with a 7pm start vs. the Portland Pirates on Teddy Bear Toss Night brought to you by Bay State Savings Bank.
Worcester came out blazing in the opening period and scored on their first shot on goal at 50 seconds with a Tim Kennedy (6th)power play shot from the right circle that found the back of the net past Martin Jones to give the Sharks a 1-0 advantage. Curt Gogol (2nd) deflected home a Matt Tennyson shot from the center point at 3:17 to give Worcester an early 2-0 lead. Manchester cut the lead at half with a power play strike off the stick of Nick Deslauriers (1st) from the left wall past Harri Sateri at 6:03. Jordan Nolan (1st) knocked in a loose rebound at 14:56 to tie the score at 2-2 to close out the scoring in the opening frame. The Sharks held a 10-9 shot advantage through 20 minutes.
Andrew Bodnarchuk (2nd) scored the only goal in the middle period at 16:44 with a drive from the right point after the Monarchs had the Sharks stuck in their own zone for several shifts to put Manchester ahead 3-2. John McCarthy had the best chance in the period for Worcester but was stopped on a breakaway try by Martin Jones. The Sharks trailed 3-2 after 40 minutes despite having a 21-18 shot advantage.
Captain John McCarty (2nd) found a loose puck at the side of the net and buried it past Martin Jones at 13:13 of the third period to tie the score at 3-3 and force overtime.
In the extra frame, Danny Groulx found rookie Freddie Hamilton (2nd) in front of the Manchester net and Hamilton snuck a shot past Jones at 2:59 to give the Sharks the 4-3 come-from-behind win in Manchester.
The Sharks overall record improves to 8-6-1-1 (18pts in 16gp) and 4-3-1-0 (9pts in 8gp) on the road this season.
American Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2012
- Heat Beat Stars 1-0 in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Fall to Houston, 2-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Back to Back: Phantoms Prevail 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Outscored by Whale 7-5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cole's Late Tally Leads to Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Abbotsford Slips by Texas 1-0 in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Tatar's Two Push Griffins Past Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Can't Snap Winless Streak - Lake Erie Monsters
- Crunch Edged by Senators 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Saad's Third Period Tally Lifts Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall in Shoot-Out to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs' Friday Gets Darker - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale defeat Sound Tigers - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Battle Through Wild Second Period, Surrender in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- Black Friday No Bargain for Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Extend Win Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Hamilton Finds a Good Deal in Manchester on Black Friday - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Lose at Rochester - Albany Devils
- Fontaine Leads Houston Aeros to 2-1 Win in San Antonio - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Glens Falls - Norfolk Admirals
- TVA Sports, TSN Radio 690, Sirius XM All to Broadcast Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flynn, Brennan Power Amerks to 5-2 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Fans Invited to Grey Cup Viewing Party at Copps Coliseum Following Bulldogs Game Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Recall Courtnall - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Take on Texas Twice Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds More American Hockey League Action - AHL
- Falcons Players to Transform into Celebrity Servers Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Adds More American Hockey League Games to Schedule - AHL
- Amerks Ticket Discount Available on Specially Marked Pepsi Cans - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Portland, Game #15 - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Sign Rod Pelley to PTO; Assign Gabe Guentzel to ECHL Fort Wayne - Norfolk Admirals
- Darcy Kuemper Reassigned to Orlando, Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Sign Defenseman Cullity - Springfield Falcons
- Park and Ride Continues for this Weekend's Games - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.