Devils Lose at RochesterNovember 23, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Albany Devils
Zalewski, who led the team in 2011-12 with 19 goals, netted his first goal of the season. He scored atop the goal crease at 14:44 of the second period. Mattias Tedenby and Tim Sestito earned the assists.
The goal came after the Amerks established a 2-0 first period advantage thanks to a pair of goals by Brian Flynn. The first came at 6:14 and the second, a power-play tally, was at 15:23. Rochester recaptured its two goal advantage at 19:36 of the second when defenseman T.J. Brennan scored on a 2-on-1 shorthanded break.
In the third, Brennan scored again shorthanded at 6:11. Albany responded when Hrabarenka fired a shot that was redirected behind Americans goaltender David Leggio at 7:57. Since the puck changed direction off a Rochester player, Hrabarenka was credited with his first professional goal. Jay Leach, who is now on a three-game point streak, and David Wohlberg registered the assists.
Flynn, who assisted on Brennan's second goal, completed his hat trick with an empty-netter at 18:50 of the third.
Jeff Frazee lost his first decision in regulation since Oct. 19. He made 26 saves. At the other end, Leggio made 33 stops.
Next up, Albany welcomes the Syracuse Crunch to Times Union Center Saturday for a 5 pm puck drop. Fans who can't make it to the arena can follow the action on ahllive.com.
American Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2012
- Heat Beat Stars 1-0 in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Fall to Houston, 2-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Back to Back: Phantoms Prevail 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Outscored by Whale 7-5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cole's Late Tally Leads to Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Abbotsford Slips by Texas 1-0 in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Tatar's Two Push Griffins Past Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Can't Snap Winless Streak - Lake Erie Monsters
- Crunch Edged by Senators 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Saad's Third Period Tally Lifts Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall in Shoot-Out to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs' Friday Gets Darker - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale defeat Sound Tigers - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Battle Through Wild Second Period, Surrender in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- Black Friday No Bargain for Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Extend Win Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Hamilton Finds a Good Deal in Manchester on Black Friday - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Lose at Rochester - Albany Devils
- Fontaine Leads Houston Aeros to 2-1 Win in San Antonio - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Glens Falls - Norfolk Admirals
- TVA Sports, TSN Radio 690, Sirius XM All to Broadcast Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flynn, Brennan Power Amerks to 5-2 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Fans Invited to Grey Cup Viewing Party at Copps Coliseum Following Bulldogs Game Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Recall Courtnall - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Take on Texas Twice Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds More American Hockey League Action - AHL
- Falcons Players to Transform into Celebrity Servers Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Adds More American Hockey League Games to Schedule - AHL
- Amerks Ticket Discount Available on Specially Marked Pepsi Cans - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Portland, Game #15 - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Sign Rod Pelley to PTO; Assign Gabe Guentzel to ECHL Fort Wayne - Norfolk Admirals
- Darcy Kuemper Reassigned to Orlando, Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Sign Defenseman Cullity - Springfield Falcons
- Park and Ride Continues for this Weekend's Games - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.