Royals Sign Starting Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie to a Three-Year ContractNovember 20, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
Guthrie, 33, went 5-3 with a 3.16 ERA in 14 starts for the Royals after Kansas City acquired him from the Colorado Rockies on July 20 in exchange for pitcher Jonathan Sanchez. The Royals went 10-4 in his starts, including winning 10 of the final 11. Guthrie personally ended the campaign on a career-best five-game winning streak. He was 4-0 with a 2.17 ERA in his final 11 starts, posting the seventh-best ERA in baseball and the third-best in the American League from August 8 to the end of the season. Guthrie especially enjoyed pitching at Kauffman Stadium where he posted a 4-2 record with a 2.40 ERA in nine outings.
A workhorse throughout his career, Guthrie last season fell just 18.1 innings shy of recording his fourth-consecutive 200-inning season and he has averaged 198.0 innings over his last five seasons. Jeremy is 55-77 with a 4.28 ERA in 210 career appearances, including 183 starts, for the Indians (2004-06), Orioles (2007-11), Rockies (2012) and Royals (2012).
Guthrie and his wife, Jenny, reside in Pleasant Grove, Utah, with their daughter, Avery, and sons, Hudson and Dash Steven.
Pacific Coast League Stories from November 20, 2012
- Royals Agree to Terms with Catcher Brett Hayes on a One-Year Contract for 2013 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Royals Set 40-Man Roster Ahead of Tonight's Deadline - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rizzo Named to Topps Triple-A All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks to Host 2013 All-Stars Auditions December 1 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Aces Offer Stocking Stuffer Four-Pack - Reno Aces
- Royals Sign Starting Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie to a Three-Year Contract - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.