Dynamo Defender Andre Hainault, Greenstar Recycling CEO Marcelo Figueira Host America Recycles Day RNovember 16, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Houston Dynamo Press Release
For the campaign, Dynamo Charities collaborated with Greenstar Recycling to encourage the Houston community to bring their recyclables to BBVA Compass Stadium. Greenstar Recycling managed the public recycling drive, with Dynamo defender Andre Hainault and Greenstar Recycling CEO Marcelo Figueira on hand to help with collection efforts. The America Recycles Day drive generated 460 lbs of recyclable materials, contributing to the "Building a Better Planet" campaign's commitment to making a positive impact on the environment.
In 2012, the Dynamo and Greenstar Recycling collected more than 88,315 lbs of recyclables through various channels, including the BBVA Compass Stadium recycling program and the Greenstar Recycling SoccerFest collection held before every Dynamo home game.
Dynamo Charities received the J. Howard Rambin III Founder's Award in October, an award honoring the organization's time and efforts to beautify the City of Houston.
Greenstar Recycling also recently announced Darrin Peterson as its Greenstar Fan of the Year. Over the course of the season, Peterson dropped off over 3,300 pounds of recyclables. With the help of Dynamo fans, Greenstar Recycling collected over 44 tons of recyclables in 2012, over twice as much collected in 2011.
Major League Soccer Stories from November 16, 2012
- Rapids to Part Ways with Eight Players - Colorado Rapids
- Galaxy Looking to Silence Sounders Fans in Second Leg of Conference Championship - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revs Lay Groundwork for SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- Montreal Impact Unveils Soccer Schools Winter Program - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Defender Andre Hainault, Greenstar Recycling CEO Marcelo Figueira Host America Recycles Day R - Houston Dynamo
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Host Grand Opening of Official 'Caps Store at Metrotown - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Galaxy Goalkeeper's Vocal Presence Key to LA Postseason Success - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.