Wranglers Record Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to CondorsNovember 15, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Las Vegas Wranglers Press Release
Condors goaltender Scott Greenham and Wranglers goaltender Joe Fallon kept scoring attempts at bay through the first period, with both teams notching nine shots through the first 20 minutes of play. The no-goal game held until the last 14 seconds of the second, when Condors defenseman Erik Burgdoerfer scored to give Bakersfield the 1-0 lead.
With seven minutes left in the third, Wranglers left wing Josh Lunden notched the tying goal, making it a 1-1 game. Neither team was able to secure the win in regulation, and a scoreless overtime period left the decision to a shootout, which was won by Bakersfield in three attempts for the 2-1 final score.
Collecting an assist on Lunden's goal, Wranglers left wing Chris Collins made his debut today after agreeing to terms with the team earlier this week. Collins, 28, spent four years (2002-06) at Boston College, where the forward was named NCAA Hockey East Player of the Year and a top three finalist for the Hobey Baker Award in 2006. The 5-foot-8, 183-pound Collins brings 166 games of American Hockey League experience to Las Vegas, recording 37 goals and 40 assists with the Providence Bruins and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Last season, the Fairport, New York native tallied 33 points (11 goals, 22 assists) with the Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers in Germany.
The Wranglers spend the next two weekends on the road, finishing a two-game series against the Bakersfield Condors tomorrow and then facing the Idaho Steelheads after the Thanksgiving holiday on Nov. 23 and 24. The team then returns home to play the San Francisco Bulls and Orlando Solar Bears for the first times this season on Nov. 29 - Dec. 1.
Celebrating 10 seasons of Wranglers hockey this year, 2012-13 ticket plans are on sale now. Packages start at $93 and can be customized for five, 12 or 22-game plans. Full season tickets come with benefits including buddy passes, exclusive events, a team shop discount and more. Take advantage of the best deals by calling the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-PUCK . The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from November 15, 2012
- IceMen Edge Cyclones, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Connolly Scores Overtime Winner in Road Warriors 6-5 Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Acquire Forward Evan Barlow in a Trade with San Francisco - Reading Royals
- Bulls Get Tam and Viendensky from Worcester, Todd from Orlando - San Francisco Bulls
- Orlando Completes Trade for Former Lighting Draft Pick - Orlando Solar Bears
- Huge Crowd of Kids Sees 2-1 Condors Victory - Bakersfield Condors
- RW Cameron Abney Assigned to the Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - November 15 - ECHL
- Jackals Will Give Thanks to Their Fans this Wednesday - Elmira Jackals
- Wranglers Record Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Condors - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Instant Replay and Multi-Camera Production Coming to the Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Evansville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Titans Announce "Black Friday" Stimulus Package - Trenton Titans
- Solar Bears Hold Thanksgiving Food Drive on Sunday, November 18 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Condors vs. Las Vegas - 10:30 a.m. Face off Today - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Today - November 15 - ECHL
- Gomez Leads Aces to 4-3 Win over Eagles - Alaska Aces
- Special Teams Help Aces Snap Eagles Winning Streak - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Demolish Bulls 8-1 - Ontario Reign
- Thunder drops second regulation loss in nine games, returns home Friday - Stockton Thunder
- Beskorowany, Mouillierat Key 4-2 Victory - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.