Pats Add Overage DefencemanNovember 14, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Regina Pats
A fourth round NHL Draft pick of the Dallas Stars in 2010 (109th overall), Theriau was released earlier this season by the Medicine Hat Tigers after an injury delayed his start to the season.
Theriau is entering his fifth season in the WHL. He was selected in the 1st round (6th overall) in the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft. During his five years in the league, Theriau spent time with the Lethbridge Hurricanes, Everett Silvertips and Medicine Hat Tigers before coming to the Pats. In 251 career games, the Duncan, BC native has 9 goals and 53 assists and is a career plus 13.
"Alex is a big, strong, mobile defenceman who will add skill and experience to our back end," says General Manager Chad Lang. "With the injury to our Captain, Colton Jobke, we needed to add a player with the attributes Alex brings with his game."
Theriau will join the Pats in Vancouer in time for their five game road trip through B.C., starting Friday against the Giants in a game that can be heard on 620 CKRM or viewed on Sportsnet with the game slated for 9:00 p.m. CST.
Western Hockey League Stories from November 14, 2012
- Canes in Schools and Help out Santa - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Ice Help Raise Money for EKFH - Kootenay Ice
- East Conference Showdown this Weekend - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Giants Surpass CHL Attendance Record for SUBWAY Super Series - Vancouver Giants
- Rebels Part With Inglis - Red Deer Rebels
- Winterhawks' Mac Carruth Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Several Players to Appear on the Children's Miracle Network Radiothon - Spokane Chiefs
- Cougars Add Veteran Forward Ryan Hanes - Prince George Cougars
- Rebels Make Major Changes - Red Deer Rebels
- Pats Add Overage Defenceman - Regina Pats
- Subway Super Series Victoria Game Sold Out - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.