Wranglers Pick up Matt Carter from San FranciscoNovember 13, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Las Vegas Wranglers
Continuing his first professional season, Carter, 25, opened 2012-13 with the San Francisco Bulls, tallying two goals and an assist in 10 games. The 6-foot-1, 225-pound left wing spent the past four years (2008-12) at the University of Prince Edward Island, where he was good for more than a point per game as he recorded 69 goals and 75 assists (144 points) in 111 games. A Mississauga, Ontario native, Carter collected five points (4 goals, 1 assist) with the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones at the end of the 2011-12 season, and appeared in three games in 2007-08 with the league's now-defunct Phoenix Roadrunners.
In addition to Carter's roster movement, right wing Bryce Reddick and left wing Carlo Finucci have also been released from the Wranglers.
The Wranglers spend the next two weekends on the road, first facing the Bakersfield Condors on Nov. 15 and 16, and the Idaho Steelheads after the Thanksgiving holiday on Nov. 23 and 24. The team then returns home to play the San Francisco Bulls and Orlando Solar Bears for the first times this season on Nov. 29 - Dec. 1.
Celebrating 10 seasons of Wranglers hockey this year, 2012-13 ticket plans are on sale now. Packages start at $93 and can be customized for five, 12 or 22-game plans. Full season tickets come with benefits including buddy passes, exclusive events, a team shop discount and more. Take advantage of the best deals by calling the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-PUCK . The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from November 13, 2012
- Alex Berry Recalled to Hershey - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Dan Ringwald Loaned to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Military Appreciation Weekend Begins Friday - Alaska Aces
- Field Trip Day, Knee Hockey Sticks, and Date a Condor this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Pick up Matt Carter from San Francisco - Las Vegas Wranglers
- This Week: Military Appreciation Night / Thirsty Thursday - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elmira Jackals Hosting Food Drive this Weekend - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Transactions - November13 - ECHL
- Condors in the Community: Field Trip Day Is Finally Here - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Announce 4-Game Holiday Pack - Ontario Reign
- Colorado's Costello Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Wings Stadium Kick-Off Classic Returns this Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Shalla Scores Twice in Cyclones Win over Stingrays, 3-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Merton Joins ECHL as Director of Marketing and Licensing - ECHL
- Stingrays Fall to Cyclones 3-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Titans Weekly - Trenton Titans
- Lee Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week Again - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Gwinnett's Lee Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- ECHL Today - November 13 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Close Road Trip Today vs. Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- Record tying offense lifts Thunder to 7-1-0 run in eight games - Stockton Thunder
- Stockton Takes 9-6 Wild One from Shorthanded Utah - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.