Mazzolini, Guggenberger Pace Alaska in 2-1 Win at VegasNovember 10, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Alaska Aces
Mazzolini started his big night with the first goal of the game on a one-timer at 8:56 into the game on a power play. The goal was part of a barrage of shots the Aces had in the first period, outshooting the Wranglers 15-8 in the frame.
The Wranglers tied the score in the second period as Eric Lampe squeezed a shot through Guggenberger that slid over the goal line for Vegas' first goal in three games. The goal snapped a scoreless stretch of 162:10 for the Wranglers. The Aces reclaimed the lead at 16:57 when Mazzolini redirected a Corey Syvret in the low slot to make it 2-1 Alaska at second intermission. The Aces outshot the Wranglers 11-8 in the second period.
The Aces had a great opportunity to extend their led with a two-minute, two-man advantage in the third period, but Wranglers goaltender Joe Fallon made several key saves to keep Las Vegas within one. Down the stretch Guggenberger and company held off the Wranglers after Fallon was pulled, and Alaska claimed their second straight victory.
Mark Guggenberger (6-3) earned the win making 30 saves on 31 shots. Joe Fallon (3-3-1) took the loss, making 35 saves on 37 shots. The Aces went 1-5 on the power play and the Wranglers went 0-4. Alaska outshot Las Vegas 37-31 in the game.
The Aces wrap up their five-game road trip on Saturday with a rematch with the Wranglers. They will return to the Sully on November 14 to host the Colorado Eagles in Scott Gomez's return to the Aces. Tickets are currently on sale at the Aces office, Fred Meyer locations and www.ticketmaster.com. All Aces games can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
ECHL Stories from November 10, 2012
- Eagles Complete Sweep of Grizzlies Behind Costello's Hat Trick - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Idaho, 5-4 - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Takes Out Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Gwinnett Holds off Everblades with a Wild 7-6 Win - Florida Everblades
- Titans Drop Fifth Straight; Fall in Reading, 4-1 - Trenton Titans
- Road Warriors Hand Cincinnati First Loss - Greenville Road Warriors
- Five Goal Third Period Lifts Solar Bears to 5-3 Win over Elmira - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Slip Past Stingrays 2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kalamazoo Ends Home Stand with a 6-2 Victory over Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Downed by Solar Bears - Elmira Jackals
- Walleye Sink Nailers with Three-Goal Third - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Sneak Past Cyclones, 5-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Come Back, Stun Florida 7-6 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - November 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Wranglers Fans Donate over 2.5 Tons of Food to Three Square Food Bank - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs.Elmira Jackals Tonight - November 10 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit IceMen Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals and Capitals 'RED-Y' to Rock Reading - Reading Royals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - November 10 - ECHL
- Aces Take Game Two from Wranglers, Win 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Mazzolini, Guggenberger Pace Alaska in 2-1 Win at Vegas - Alaska Aces
- Six game win streak snapped, Reed collects lone Thunder goal - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Lets One Slip Away in a Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Stewart Stellar, Boyd Clutch as Condors Knock off Idaho, 3-2 (So) - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.