Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gwinnett Gladiators Tonight - November 8November 8, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Orlando Solar Bears
Gwinnett Gladiators (Phoenix Coyotes) (8-3-1-0, 17pts)
Where: Amway Center, Orlando, FL
When: 7:00 p.m.
Listen Live: iHeartSolarBears.com, 740thegame.com, iheart.com/live/601/ - Pregame starts at 6:45 p.m.
Follow: Game Updates on Twitter at @OSBHockeyGU
Social Media: Follow on Facebook and Twitter
Rosters: Click here to download the roster sheet for tonight's game
The Solar Bears and Gladiators come together for their second straight match up after Gwinnett collected a 2-1 OT win last night at the Amway Center. Gwinnett opened up the scoring with a shorthanded goal late in the first period, but Solar Bears C Mathew Sisca evened the game at 1-1 less than five minutes into the second frame. Orlando and Gwinnett have now met twice this season, with the Solar Bears going 0-1-1-0 against the Gladiators.
Solar Bears Notes:
Orlando is 2-0-1-1 at home this season... Six of Orlando's 11 games have gone past regulation, with three of those going all the way to a shootout. Orlando has come out victorious in three of those six games... Local product D Edward Levens made his Solar Bears debut last night, receiving a fighting major in the first period... The Solar Bears have out-scored their opponents 13-4 in the second period... Orlando is fifth on the penalty kill at home, killing off 32 of 36 chances against (88.9 percent).
F Evan Bloodoff has three points (2 goals, 1 assist) in two games against the Solar Bears this season... Gwinnett has been outshot four times this season, and are 4-0-0-0 in those games... F Casey Pierro-Zabotel is second in the ECHL with 13 assists... G Mike Lee leads the ECHL with a 1.77 GAA and is third with a .930 save percentage.
The Orlando Solar Bears, the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild and AHL's Houston Aeros, are in their Out of Hibernation season and play all of their regular season home games at the 2012 Street and Smith's Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year, the Amway Center.
Individual tickets for all regular season home games are now on sale beginning as low as $15. To purchase your tickets, please visit www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com or the Amway Center Box Office.
Follow the Solar Bears at www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com, Facebook, and Twitter (@OrlandoHockey) for all the latest news and updates.
Season ticket plans are available now. Full and half season ticket plans range in price from $225-$1480 per season ticket (includes facility fee), reflecting a savings of up to 42% off box office pricing. Call the Solar Bears at 407-951-8200 to speak to a Ticket Sales Account Manager.
Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on discounted group tickets and a list of group benefits, call 407-951-8200.
ECHL Stories from November 8, 2012
- Orlando Drops 4-3 Decision to Gwinnett - Orlando Solar Bears
- Birthday Boy Pots Two, Glads Win Sixth Straight - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Thunder Loans Veteran Defenseman Jordan Henry to Oklahoma City Barons - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - November 8 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gwinnett Gladiators Tonight - November 8 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears Add NHL Netminder Toivonen, Forward Derrick Burnett - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mike Emrick to Join Bob Chase on Friday's Fort Wayne Komets Broadcast - ECHL
- ECHL Today - November 8 - ECHL
- Guggenberger, Aces Blank Wranglers 1-0 - Alaska Aces
- One-Goal Game Favors Aces over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Charge Past Bulls in 3-1 Win - Ontario Reign
- Red Hot Eagles Soar over Grizzlies, 10-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Steelheads Pull Away for 6-3 Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Drop Second-Straight for First Time this Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Special Teams the Difference as Condors Stymied by Idaho - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.