Rothstein Named CCM Co-Forward of the WeekOctober 15, 2012 - United States Hockey League (USHL) Sioux Falls Stampede
The Minnetonka, MN native recorded six points (3g, 3a) in two games over the weekend. On Friday, Rothstein scored the eventual game winning goal, on the powerplay, in a 4-2 victory over Indiana. He then exploded for a five point night on Saturday, recording two goals and three assists in a 6-5 overtime win over Fargo. He tallied his first goal just 21 seconds into the game and then again at 17:29 of the second period. He finished the night by assisting on the game winning goal in overtime to help lead the Stampede to victory. He leads the team with eight points (4g, 4a) in six games this season.
The 5-foot-8, 164-pound center is in his second season with the Stampede. He joined the Stampede last year after completing his senior year at Minnetonka High School and recorded seven points (3g, 4a) and a +3 rating in just 14 games.
The Stampede return to action this weekend with a game Friday in Waterloo before returning home on Saturday for a special Military Night contest against Youngstown at a special 4 PM start time. Tickets are just $5 for members of the military who show their Military ID at the door. Fans can purchase tickets at the Sioux Falls Arena Box Office.
United States Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2012
- Petersen Shares Goalie Award - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Rothstein Named CCM Co-Forward of the Week - Sioux Falls Stampede
- USHL Announces Player Honors for Week 3 - USHL
- Pair of Bucs Earn Weekly Honors - Des Moines Buccaneers
- William Messa Commits to Northeastern University - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Ice Home Saturday Night at Pan Am Plaza - Indiana Ice
- Stampede Weekly Update: Military Night this Saturday at 4:05 Pm - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Waterloo Black Hawks Name Players of the Week - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.