Hawks Swoop Past GamblersOctober 12, 2012 - United States Hockey League (USHL) Waterloo Black Hawks
Green Bay nudged in front at 17:37 of the first period after a puck appeared to get away from Grigory Dikushin. The veteran forward recovered it behind the net, sliding it from there into goalmouth traffic where Alex Kile got the last touch for the score. With 13.5 seconds remaining before intermission, Waterloo tied the game. Zach Stepan sprang Justin Kloos between defensemen. Kloos pulled the puck to his backhand and flipped it past Michael Rotolo.
Despite 16 Green Bay shots toward the Black Hawks net in the second, it was the Hawks who took over during the period. Kloos returned pleasantries by setting up Stepan's first USHL goal at 1:20. Then after nearly four consecutive minutes shorthanded, Kevin Duane added to the margin. The rebound of his shot off the facemask of Rotolo found its way into the net on the next touch.
The score remained unchanged for most of the time which remained in the contest, until Taylor Cammarata rolled a shot from the Green Bay blue line into an empty net with 1:11 remaining. The Gamblers outshot Waterloo for a second consecutive period in the third, but only Kile's first period score eluded Eamon McAdam among the 38 shots he faced.
The Black Hawks continue their string of six consecutive home games Saturday evening at 7:05 versus the Omaha Lancers. The Hawks' Breast Cancer Awareness Weekend presented by Great Clips and Dr. Douglas Duven of the Cedar Valley Breast Care Center will continue, with the special pink jerseys worn by the team Friday auctioned after tomorrow's game. Tickets for the matchup are still available online from waterlooblackhawks.com or by calling (319) 291-7680.
United States Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2012
- Stars Defeat Storm in Six-Round Shootout - Tri-City Storm
- Phantoms Falter against Fighting Saints - Youngstown Phantoms
- Hawks Swoop Past Gamblers - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stampede Top Indiana for Third Straight Win - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Ice fall to Stampede - Indiana Ice
- Ellis Backstops Des Moines to 6-2 Victory over Lancers - Omaha Lancers
- Fast Start Earns Fighting Saints Victory at Youngstown - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Tonight's Game vs Waterloo Will be Shown Live at Screamin' Head Buzz - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.