Boleska's Contract Purchased by Minnesota TwinsOctober 11, 2012 - American Association (AA) Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
In 2012, Boleska was 2-1 with a 1.76 ERA and 29 saves as the RedHawks. His save total set a new franchise record. Boleska allowed 13 runs (nine earned) on 37 hits in 46.0 innings pitched. He struck out 58 batters, walked 11 and held opponents to a .216 batting average against him. Following the season, Boleska was named the American Association's Relief Pitcher of the Year.
Boleska began his professional career in 2007 after being drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates organization. He spent over four seasons in the Pirates chain, and reached the Double-A level. He finished the 2011 season with the Edmonton Capitals of the North American League.
"This is a great opportunity for Tom," said RedHawks Manager Doug Simunic. "He was the best ninth-inning guy in the league all year and hopefully he can go in to the Twins organization and be an impact pitcher."
Boleska is the 59th player moved to a Major League organization by the RedHawks in franchise history, and the fourth player in 2012.
American Association Stories from October 11, 2012
- Saints Rookie of the Year Pitcher, Robert Coe, Rated Eighth Best Independent League Prospect by Base - St. Paul Saints
- Baseball America Announces Top Prospects - AA
- Boleska's Contract Purchased by Minnesota Twins - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Jackson Named American Association "Star of Stars" - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Laredo Lemurs LHP Matt Way Sold to Arizona Diamondbacks - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.