Pittsburgh Power Open Tryouts & AFL Combine AnnouncedOctober 10, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Pittsburgh Power
Top performers from the 3rd annual Open Tryouts will be invited back Sunday, November 11th for an AFL Combine at Southpointe Fieldhouse. AFL representatives from the Pittsburgh Power, Chicago Rush, Cleveland Gladiators, Philadelphia Soul, Orlando Predators, New Orleans Voodoo, San Antonio Talons and San Jose SaberCats will be on hand from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the invitation-only workout.
In 2010 and 2011, the Power hosted more than 450 total participants for Open Tryouts, with the following success stories:
- Mike Washington ; WR (University of Hawaii) - Open Tryouts 2010 ; assigned to the Pittsburgh Power's inaugural team ; #1 receiver for the Power in 2011 & 2012
- Anthony Morelli ; QB (Penn State University) - Open Tryouts 2010 ; assigned to the Pittsburgh Power's inaugural team ; starting quarterback for 2 weeks during the 2011 season
- Justin Wells ; OL (Saint Augustine College) - Open Tryouts 2011 ; assigned to the Pittsburgh Power; signed to the Carolina Panthers 2012 NFL Training Camp roster
- Knowledge Timmons ; DB (Penn State University) - Open Tryouts 2011 ; assigned to the Pittsburgh Power
- Perry Baker ; WR ( Fairmont State); - Open Tryouts 2011; assigned to the Pittsburgh Power (younger brother of former Pittsburgh Steeler Dallas Baker)
"We're excited to host our Open Tryouts in the talent rich area of Western Pennsylvania," said Matt Shaner, Power CEO and Co-Owner. "We are extremely excited to host the first AFL Combine here in Pittsburgh", said Lynn Swann. "This year's tryouts will be especially exciting with the addition of seven AFL teams, helping us evaluate talent," remarked Swann.
Arena Football League Stories from October 10, 2012
- Coach Mac Is Back - Utah Blaze
- Pittsburgh Power Open Tryouts & AFL Combine Announced - Pittsburgh Power
- Utah Blaze Announce 2013 Open Tryout - Utah Blaze
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.