Checkers Sign Bowman to AHL DealOctober 2, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Charlotte Checkers
Bowman, 23, split the season between the Checkers and Carolina Hurricanes, setting NHL career highs in games played (37), goals (6), assists (7) and points (13). He also added 13 goals and 13 assists (26 points) in 42 AHL games with Charlotte.
The Littleton, Colo. native has 16 points (8g, 8a) in 69 career NHL games with Carolina and 88 points (42g, 46a) in 149 career AHL games with Albany and Charlotte. Bowman, a third-round pick (72nd overall) of the Hurricanes in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, played junior hockey for Spokane of the Western Hockey League (WHL) prior to turning professional, where he notched 242 points (130g, 112a) in 265 games and helped the Chiefs capture the 2008 Memorial Cup championship.
The Checkers' home opener is set for Sunday, Nov. 4 at 3 p.m. Tickets are available at the Time Warner Cable Arena box office and www.ticketmaster.com. Season tickets and mini plans for 2012-13 are now available and start as low as $10/ticket. For more information, visit www.gocheckers.com or call 704-342-4423.
American Hockey League Stories from October 2, 2012
- Albany Devils Open Preseason with Win - Albany Devils
- Phantoms Open Preseason against Devils - Adirondack Phantoms
- Owen Newkirk Heads Stars Broadcasts for 2012-13 - Texas Stars
- Checkers Sign Bowman to AHL Deal - Charlotte Checkers
- Worcester Sharks Assign Goaltender Taylor Nelson; Release Carnevale and Tuckerman - Worcester Sharks
- Fans Invited To Training Camp Red/white Intra-Squad Scrimmage - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Assign Milan and Nagle to Florida - Syracuse Crunch
- Birdies and Blades: 6 Days Away - Rockford IceHogs
- Penguins Individual Tickets on Sale October 5 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Listen To, Wach All Falcons Regular-Season Games in 2012-2013 - Springfield Falcons
- WTAG to Broadcast Sharks Preseason Game Live from Springfield on Friday - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.