Orioles Select Contracts of Outfielders Endy Chavez and L.J. HoesSeptember 11, 2012 - International League (IL) Norfolk Tides
Chavez batted .190/.222/.281 with two home runs and eight RBI in 47 games with the Orioles earlier this season. He was designated for assignment on August 4 and played 15 games for Triple-A Norfolk after being outrighted.
Hoes will be making his major league debut. He batted .300/.374/.397 with three home runs, 38 RBI and 54 runs scored in 82 games with Triple-A Norfolk after beginning the season with Double-A Bowie, where he batted .265/.368/.372 in 51 games. Hoes, the Orioles 3rd round pick in the 2008 First Year Player Draft out of St. John's High School in Washington, D.C., will wear jersey #71.
Gregg went 3-2 with a 4.74 ERA (43.2IP, 23ER) in 40 appearances for the Orioles this season.
Adams batted .224/.312/.353 with four home runs and 20 RBI in 65 games with the Tides this season.
International League Stories from September 11, 2012
- PawSox Top Knights in Game 1 of I.L. Finals - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Drop Opening Game of IL Finals 7-2 to PawSox - Charlotte Knights
- Governors' Cup Finals Begin Tonight in Pawtucket - Charlotte Knights
- Orioles Select Contracts of Outfielders Endy Chavez and L.J. Hoes - Norfolk Tides
- Indians Auctioning Red Playoff Jerseys - Indianapolis Indians
- Governors' Cup Finals Begin Tonight - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.