Senators Sign Centre Zack Smith to Four-Year Contract ExtensionSeptember 5, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Binghamton Senators
Smith, 24, appeared in all but one of the Senators' 82 regular-season games in 2011-12, establishing new statistical career highs in goals (14), assists (12), points (26) and plus/minus (+4) while accumulating 98 penalty minutes. He recorded one assist (on Chris Neil's overtime-winning goal in Game 2 of the club's Eastern Conference quarter-final series) during seven post-season contests against the New York Rangers.
A native of Maple Creek, Sask., Smith has never missed a game due to injury in his NHL career, playing all 152 of his career NHL contests with the Senators, during which he has registered 38 points (20 goals, 18 assists) and 232 penalty minutes for the club.
Smith was Ottawa's third-round pick (79th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
American Hockey League Stories from September 5, 2012
- Single Game Syracuse Crunch Tickets Go on Sale Monday - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Sign Goaltender Taylor Nelson - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Sign Centre Zack Smith to Four-Year Contract Extension - Binghamton Senators
- Ice Hockey Tasmania & Gary Graham on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Bulldogs to Open Training Camp on September 28th - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Syracuse Crunch Promote Todd Cross to Senior Director of Ticket Sales - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Sign Courtnall to AHL Contract - Providence Bruins
- Brantford to Host AHL's "Battle of Ontario" - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hogs Join Lou Bachrodt in Fundraiser for Operation Homefront - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Announce Winners of Season Ticket Holder Championship Ring Promotion - Norfolk Admirals
- Albany Devils and American Red Cross Aim for Successful Blood Drive - Albany Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.