Terry Bradshaw Named Coach of the YearAugust 28, 2012 - Texas League (TL) Northwest Arkansas Naturals
The Mike Coolbaugh award began being presented in 2008. The award goes to an individual who has "shown outstanding baseball work ethic, knowledge of the game, and skill mentoring young players."
Terry was selected in recognition of his continuing record of success with hitters in the Kansas City system. He has consistently helped young hitters adjust to the Double-A level and advance to Triple-A, ready to continue the success they attained in the Texas League.
While, 2012 has been less successful for the Naturals than previous seasons, Bradshaw has continued to patiently prepare his charges for the next level, this past season, most notably Wil Myers, who became a sensation in the Pacific Coast League after he tore through the Texas League during the first five weeks of the 2012 season, hitting .343, with 13 home runs and 30 RBI in 35 games.
During his five years in the Texas League, the list of current Major League players Bradshaw has helped fine tune include Mike Moustakas, Salvador Perez, Alex Gordon, and Eric Hosmer, the core of future success of the Kansas City Royals.
Prior to coaching in Northwest Arkansas, Bradshaw spent five years as the hitting coach for Triple-A Omaha and spent four other seasons as a hitting coach in the Royals organization: Wilmington (2002-2003), Burlington (2001), and Charleston (2000).
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are the Double-A Texas League affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and play at state-of-the-art Arvest Ballpark, located in Springdale. Visit our website, nwanaturals.com, for information on season tickets and ticket plans.
Texas League Stories from August 28, 2012
- Travelers Offensive Outburst Tops Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cardinals Fall to Drillers 9-6 - Springfield Cardinals
- 'Riders Outlast Hooks - Frisco RoughRiders
- Game Notes, August 28 at Frisco - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Lars Davis, Edwar Cabrera Named All-Stars - Tulsa Drillers
- Mariot, Marks Promoted to Triple-A Omaha - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Barret Loux Named Texas League "Pitcher of the Year" - Frisco RoughRiders
- Texas League Announces Post Season All-Stars - Springfield Cardinals
- Freiman and Solis Earn End of Season All-Star Honors - San Antonio Missions
- Texas League Announces Post Season Awards - Midland RockHounds
- Terry Bradshaw Named Coach of the Year - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Keith Bodie Named Manager of the Year - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Former Naturals Wil Myers and Ernesto Mejia Win Triple-A Honors - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cards Clinch Division in Extras - Arkansas Travelers
- Midland Wins 13 Inning Marathon to Avoid Series Sweep - Frisco RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.