American Association ResultsAugust 21, 2012 - American Association (AA)
A good pitching performance by the El Paso staff tonight as the Diablos defeated the Grand Prairie AirHogs, 6-1. El Paso starter David Casillas went the first 6 1/3 innings and gave up the only Grand Prairie hit of the game, a double to 3B John Alonso and fanned two batters. Casillas notched the win and improved to 6-0 on the season. El Paso relievers Steven Evarts, Justin Harper and Scott Hodsdon took it the rest of the way and allowed only two walks. Offensively for the Diablos, 2B Daniel Nelson led the charge going 3-for-4 with a grand slam. With the victory, El Paso is now only 1 ½ games behind Grand Prairie in the South Division standings.
Sioux Falls 8, Lincoln 4
Sioux Falls scored five runs in the top of the seventh inning to take a 6-2 lead and would go on to beat Lincoln by the score of 8-4. Pheasants 2B Joe Anthonsen and CF Reggie Abercrombie each had three hits on the night with Anthonsen scoring two runs and Abercrombie driving in two. Three other Sioux Falls hitters collected two hits, including SS Cory Morales who went 2-for-5 with two runs scored and a RBI. Pheasants starting pitcher Mitchell Clegg won his eighth game of the season as he gave up two earned runs on six hits in seven innings pitched. For Lincoln in defeat, C Chris McMurray went 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI.
St. Paul 3, Rockland 1
The St. Paul Saints won their fourth straight as they downed the Rockland Boulders, 3-1. St. Paul CF Jim Rapoport and 1B Ole Sheldon each had two-hit games with Rapoport scoring two runs and Sheldon driving in two. In total, five Saints hitters had multi-hit games. St. Paul reliever Taylor Sinclair won his first game of the season as he allowed two walks in 1 2/3 innings pitched. For Rockland in the loss, RF Qualon Millender went 2-for-4 and scored a run.
American Association Stories from August 21, 2012
- RedHawks Clip AirHogs as Losing Streak Hits Four - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Canizares Catapults Fish Past RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Drop Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Scurry Fans Nine in Pheasants Win over Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Roll Boulders 9-1, Win Fifth Straight - St. Paul Saints
- Martinez Launches Walk-Off as Explorers Top T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wilder Launches First Career HR But D Costs 'Dogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RedHawks to Begin Playoff Ticket Sales Thursday - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canizares' Big Bat Added to Lineup, Weber Placed on Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Showdown 2012: Obama/Romney Bobblection - St. Paul Saints
- Diablos Announce August 21 Thru August 23 Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.