RoughRiders Sweep NaturalsAugust 20, 2012 - Texas League (TL) Northwest Arkansas Naturals
Yem Prades led off the game with a single for the Naturals. He moved to second on a Whit Merrifield groundout and later scored on an RBI-single from Brian Fletcher to make it a 1-0 game.
Cody Buckel (4-5) and the RoughRiders pitching staff shut down the Naturals from then on. Buckel went six innings allowing five hits and just one run, while striking out eight. Roman Mendez and Ross Wolf combined to allow just one hit over the final three innings.
Zach Zaneski tied the game at one with a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the second inning. Jared Prince delivered the big blow for the RoughRiders a three-run home run in the bottom of the fifth to make it 4-1. The RoughRiders tacked on two more runs in the bottom of the seventh inning, one of which was also knocked in by Prince to make it a 6-1 contest.
Mike Montgomery (2-4) went five innings allowing five hits and four runs, while issuing five walks. Ethan Hollingsworth worked out of the jam in the seventh inning, and struck out the side in the top of the eighth inning to finish out the game for Northwest Arkansas.
The Naturals will begin a short four-game homestand against the Springfield Cardinals on Tuesday night at 7:05 PM. Right-hander JC Sulbaran (0-0, 10.64) will start for the Naturals against right-hander Carlos Martinez (2-3, 5.09) for the Cardinals. The game can be heard on ESPN 92.1 The Ticket.
Texas League Stories from August 20, 2012
- Drillers Win Late Inning Thriller - Tulsa Drillers
- Second Straight Series Sweep - Frisco RoughRiders
- RoughRiders Sweep Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Upcoming Homestand Highlights - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Game Notes, August 20 at Springfield - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Mendonca and Tepesch Sweep Weekly Awards - Frisco RoughRiders
- Drillers Back Home Tuesday Night - Tulsa Drillers
- Travs Take Down Missions Again - Arkansas Travelers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.