Corporan Leads Way Over Express, 5-2August 19, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Oklahoma City Dodgers
Just like Saturday, the Express scored right away. On the first pitch of the bottom of the first, Julio Borbon hit a towering home run past the grass berm in right field for the game's first run.
Koyie Hill knocked a two-out RBI single in the second to push the Express' lead to 2-0.
The RedHawks tied the game in the fourth with a pair of runs. Brad Snyder collected and RBI double to make it 2-1. Two batters later, Jose Martinez sent a ground ball to short, but Luis Hernandez's throw to first was errant, allowing Snyder to score.
Round Rock threatened to break the 2-2 tie in the sixth. They loaded the bases with two outs, but Mark Hamburger struck out Hill to end the inning.
The RedHawks jumped in front in their next at-bat. With runners at second and third and one out, Corporan sent a single to shallow left field to score both runners at put the RedHawks ahead for the first time.
After the play, Round Rock pitcher Justin Grimm left the game. Grimm (2-2) ended up with the loss, allowing four runs-three earned-and seven hits over 6.1 innings. He struck out three and walked one.
Corporan struck again with an RBI double in the ninth to extend the lead to 5-2.
The Express loaded the bases with two outs in the bottom of the inning, putting the tying runs on base and bringing the winning run to the plate. For the second straight night, Jose Valdez struck out Brad Nelson to end the game, as Valdez earned his 16th save of the season.
After starting pitcher Fernando Abad allowed two runs over a season-high 5.1 innings, the RedHawks bullpen held the Express scoreless the rest of the way. Hamburger (1-5) earned his first win of the season after going 1.2 innings. Hector Ambriz went the next 1.2 before Valdez finished the game.
The RedHawks and Express continue their series Monday night at 7:05 p.m. Live coverage begins at 6:35 p.m. on AM 1340 The Game, 1340thegame.com, or through the free IHeartRadio mobile app.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 19, 2012
- Corporan Leads Way Over Express, 5-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Fall to Oklahoma City 5-2 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Blast Past Reno, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Rainiers Top Aces, 4-3 - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Take Sunday's Matinee, 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sands Sets Franchise Record in 'Topes Shutout Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- River Cats Drop Game Two to 51s, 9-4 - Sacramento River Cats
- Zephyrs Get Blanked in Duke City - New Orleans Zephyrs
- RedHawks DeFrancesco Heads to Houston, Lawless Named Manager - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Storm Chasers, 5-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Pitching, Power Lifts Cubs to Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Oklahoma City RedHawks - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 19, 2012 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Ely Sets Franchise Records in 3-1 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Blank Reno In Series Opener, 2-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tucson unable to complete comeback - Tucson Padres
- Aces Blanked by Tacoma, 2-0 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.