Lemurs Get 13 Hits in 4-1 Win over T-BonesAugust 18, 2012 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
In a game that started 25 minutes late because of rain, neither team cracked the scoreboard until the top of the fifth, when the Lemurs started the inning with back-to-back singles by Brian Peterson and Stephen Pearson against Kansas City starter Josh Rainwater (4-9). Then, with two outs, Palmer Karr Jr. singled in Peterson and gave Laredo a 1-0 lead.
With the way the Lemur pitchers were throwing, that nearly did it. Mark Haynes, Chaz Roe and Mike Benacka combined for 14 strike outs against the T-Bones. Starter Haynes went 5 1/3 innings, giving up just two hits and striking out eight batters. Then, reliever Roe (3-2), who was a first-round pick of the Colorado Rockies in 2005, struck out five batters in 2 2/3 innings. Closer Benacka (9) ended the game by striking out Brandon Jones.
The T-Bones tied the game at 1-1 in the bottom of the sixth, when Trevor Coleman singled to right against Roe, scoring Jones.
A half-inning later, Laredo took the lead for good with two runs in the top of the seventh. Peterson led off the inning with a base hit. He advanced on a base hit by Anthony Scelfo, but then scored on a bad throw by third baseman Enrique Cruz, who was trying to pick Scelfo off first. The Lemurs added another run in the inning and took a 3-1 lead.
Kansas City (44-42) and Laredo (42-43) are scheduled for the series finale on Sunday afternoon at 5:05 at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. Tickets are available by calling the T-Bones box office at 913-328-5618.
American Association Stories from August 18, 2012
- Lemurs Get 13 Hits in 4-1 Win over T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Pitching Leads Lemurs' to Win - Laredo Lemurs
- American Association Results - AA
- Wingnuts take second straight from Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Espinosa Excellent, Ortiz the Hero in 'Dogs Walk-Off - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Klein Sets Single-Season Walks Record in 11-4 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Power and Pitching Lead RedHawks to 10-1 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Big Inning Leads Wingnuts Victory - Wichita Wingnuts
- Gary Southshore Routs Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wild Card Lead Down to Just Three Games - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Ruwe Dazzles Again as Saints Win 4-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Rain Washes out Saturday Action - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Seven Game Homestand Fit for the Walking Dead - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Stretch Lead with Exciting Win - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.