Rowdies Sign Midfielder Raphael CoxAugust 17, 2012 - North American Soccer League (NASL) Tampa Bay Rowdies
Cox (5-7, 150), who is originally from Tacoma, Washington, was drafted in the fourth round of the 2009 MLS SuperDraft by Real Salt Lake. In the 2009 season, Cox made six MLS appearances for RSL, scoring one goal.
After a year in the USL Premier Development League, Cox signed with the Atlanta Silverbacks in 2011. The 26-year-old appeared in 43 league matches over a span of two seasons with Atlanta. In his time there, he scored four goals and recorded four assist.
The Rowdies travel to league leaders San Antonio for the final regular season meeting between the clubs on Sunday, August 19 at 8:30 p.m. ET at Heroes Stadium.
North American Soccer League Stories from August 17, 2012
- Rowdies Sign Midfielder Raphael Cox - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Strikers Travel to Puerto Rico for Clash with Islanders - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Scorpions, Rowdies Battle for Position in Playoff - San Antonio Scorpions
- RailHawks look to extend lead for playoffs - Carolina RailHawks
- Stars FC Travel to Atlanta Looking to Snap Skid - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.