Chivas USA Defender Bobby Burling Eligible for Saturday's GameAugust 17, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Club Deportivo Chivas USA
On May 17, 2012 Chivas USA acquired Burling-s rights, but it is until today that the Red-and-White organization and the player agreed on contract terms. The rights of the defender were acquired through a trade with Montreal Impact in exchange of one International Roster Slot for the 2012 Season starting Jan. 1, 2013. The International Roster Slot will return to Chivas USA on Jan. 1, 2014. Per League and team policy, details of the contract were not revealed.
Burling, 27, born in Clear Lake City, Texas was drafted by the Los Angeles Galaxy in the 2007 supplemental draft. The Loyola Marymount Alumn was then signed by Chivas USA three months later where he made 23 appearances from 2007 to 2009. Burling then played with the San Jose Earthquakes before being picked in the 2011 MLS Expansion Draft by the Montreal Impact.
Chivas USA continues its Western Conference push as it travels to take on the Colorado Rapids, Saturday Aug 18, at Dick's Sporting Goods Park for a 6:00 pm PT match. The game will broadcast on television, live on KDOC in English and KWHY Channel 22 in Spanish. For more information about the game please visit cdchivasusa.com . Follow us on Twitter @ cdchivasusa and Facebook.com/ chivasusa.
Major League Soccer Stories from August 17, 2012
- RSL Seeks to End 3-Game Slide with Win over FCD - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA Defender Bobby Burling Eligible for Saturday's Game - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Dynamo Look to Extend Home Unbeaten Run against Columbus on Sunday - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Launches Mobile Application - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC Takes on Toronto FC on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bulls, Ogunbiyi Part Ways - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.