American Association ResultsAugust 17, 2012 - American Association (AA)
Sioux City finished off the three-game sweep of Rockland as they beat the Boulders, 4-1. The Explorers got terrific pitching from their starter Aaron Correa and reliever Andrew Snowden. Correa tossed the first 6 2/3 innings allowing one earned run on seven hits with three strikeouts. Correa picked up the victory and is now 2-1 on the season. Snowden finished off the game tossing the last 2 1/3 innings giving up only three hits and fanning five batters. Sioux City LF Brandon Newton and 3B Brian Bistagne each had two hits in the game while 1B Jorge Delgado drove in two runs.
Amarillo 8, Grand Prairie 3
The Amarillo Sox scored four runs in the first inning to take a 4-0 lead and would go on to win 8-3 over the Grand Prairie AirHogs. 2B Adam Buschini had a solid game at the plate for the Sox going 4-for-5 with a run scored and a RBI. Amarillo SS Garrett Rau and DH Chuck Lofgren each had two hits while LF Tim Alberts drove in a pair of runs. Sox starting pitcher Justin Garcia notched his ninth win of the season. Garcia pitched 6 2/3 innings giving up three earned runs on seven hits.
Sioux Falls 2, Laredo 1
A terrific pitching performance by starting pitcher Rod Scurry leads the Sioux Falls Pheasants to a 2-1 victory over the Laredo Lemurs. Scurry threw eight solid innings allowing only one earned run on three hits with two walks and five strikeouts. The win by Scurry was his fourth of the season. Sioux Falls would score both of their runs in the bottom of the fourth inning on a RBI single by 1B Trevor Lawhorn and a RBI double by 3B Jake Taylor. SS Cory Morales had two hits in the game for the Pheasants.
Lincoln 5, Kansas City 4
Second baseman David Espinosa's single in the top of the ninth inning scored CF Sean M. Smith from third base and gave the Lincoln Saltdogs a 5-4 win over the Kansas City T-Bones. Lincoln C Chris McMurray was tremendous tonight at the plate going 2-for-4 with two home runs, two runs scored and three RBI. Four other Saltdogs hitters had two hits in the game including Espinosa and Smith. Lincoln reliever Pete Parise was the winner going 1 2/3 innings allowing two hits while striking out two batters. For Kansas City in the loss, CF Justin C. Bass had four hits.
Wichita 7, El Paso 3
After falling behind 1-0 early in the game, the Wichita Wingnuts scored four runs in the third inning to take a 4-1 lead and would go on from there to win 7-3 over the El Paso Diablos. Wichita DH John Rodriguez had a 2-for-4 night at the plate with a home run and two RBI. Wingnuts 2B Jake Kahaulelio and C Jessie Mier also had two hits with Kahaulelio scoring two runs. Wichita starting pitcher Anthony Capra threw a solid game en route to his second win of the season. Capra gave up two runs, both unearned, on six hits with seven strikeouts.
American Association Stories from August 17, 2012
- Wichita wins 6-5 over Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Results - AA
- Heated Game Suspended Until Saturday - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Walks Cost Pheasants in Loss to Gary - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Roberson Injured as Goldeyes Lose to Saints - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Kolb, Babineau Lead 'Cats to 5-4 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Campbell, RedHawks win Series Opener 7-3 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos And Airhogs Postponed After Nine Innings - El Paso Diablos
- Holdren Humungous But 'Dogs Fall in 10 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Five Double Plays Not Enough for K.C. in Loss to Laredo - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Make It Interesting in Ninth, But Hang on for 4-1 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Giammanco Pitches Lemurs to Win - Laredo Lemurs
- "Goin' Back to Indiana: Can You Feel It" Visits the Steel Yard - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- American Association Results - AA
- Wingnuts Gain Split from Diablos - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.