McMurray Mashes, Butler Bulldozes as 'Dogs Take SeriesAugust 16, 2012 - American Association (AA) Lincoln Saltdogs
The Saltdogs tallied the go-ahead run in the top of the ninth on a David Espinosa single after Sean Smith set the table with a lead-off triple.
McMurray's first home run was a two-run opposite field shot to open the game's scoring in the top of the second. He later belted a solo shot to lead off the sixth, his 15th long ball of the year.
Pete Parise (6-5) pitched 1 2/3 scoreless innings, allowing two hits with two strikeouts to earn the win. Griffin Bailey (0-1) allowed a run on two hits in one inning of relief to take the loss. Zocchi worked a scoreless ninth for his 22nd save to equal Chris Weidert's club record of saves in a single season.
Tony Butler pitched six innings in his return start for the Saltdogs, allowing no earned runs on four hits while striking out eight. At one point Butler fanned seven T-Bones in a row.
The 'Dogs committed three errors in the game which led to three unearned runs for Kansas City.
Lincoln returns home Friday night to open a three-game set with Amarillo Sox at 7:05 p.m. Radio coverage begins at 6:35 p.m. on KFOR 1240.
American Association Stories from August 16, 2012
- Explorers defeat Rockland - Sioux City Explorers
- K.C. Hitters Stymied by Lincoln Pitching - Kansas City T-Bones
- Diablos Fall To Wichita, Settle For Split - El Paso Diablos
- McMurray Mashes, Butler Bulldozes as 'Dogs Take Series - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Scurry's Beauty Beats Laredo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Scurry Ties Up Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Sox Use Two Big Innings to Take Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Penprase Double Lifts RedHawks in 1-0 Victory over Goldeyes - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Salamida's Stellar Start Spoiled by Late Rally - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Score Six in Tenth to Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Come Back in Eighth to Gut out Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Committ Franchise Record Tying High Six Errors in 14-8 Loss in 10 - St. Paul Saints
- Comeback Falls Short against El Paso - Wichita Wingnuts
- Comeback Bid Falls Short, Goldeyes Beat RedHawks 8-6 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Results - AA
- T-Bones Get Dozen Hits in 8-3 Win over Lincoln - Kansas City T-Bones
- Bolden's Five-Hit Night Leads Pheasants to Victory - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Hang out for Big Win against RedHawks - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Explorers earn 11-1 win - Sioux City Explorers
- Nelson's Two Run Shot Paces Another Diablos Victory - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.