Cougars Even Series, Beat ClintonAugust 16, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Kane County Cougars
Clinton (54-66, 31-21) tagged the plate before the first out was recorded as Dillon Hazlett started the game by reaching on a three-base error off the glove of Julio Aparicio in right field. Jamal Austin bounced the next pitch into center field, scoring Hazlett to put the LumberKings on top. Austin was in the middle of the action again in the third as he singled and scored on a balk from Kyle Zimmer (2-2).
Zimmer didn't allow another run as he lasted seven innings while scattering seven hits. Kane County (61-61, 27-25) didn't pick up their first knock until the fourth when Jack Lopez blooped a single against Bobby Shore (3-3), who lost his control from there. Shore hit the next batter and walked the hitter that followed to load the bases. Lopez scored on a fielder's choice off the bat of Michael Antonio to put the Cougars on the board.
Shore then uncorked three wild pitches in the fourth inning to help the tying and go-ahead runs come home. A Ramon Morla error in the sixth assisted Antonio to the dish, giving the Cougars a two-run cushion. Clinton managed one run in the eighth off Rudy Brown (S, 1), but Brown posted a perfect ninth inning after the Cougars picked up an insurance score in the eighth with Antonio singling home Aparicio.
The Cougars are at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark on Friday when they host the LumberKings at 6:30 p.m. For tickets, please call (630) 232-8811 or visit www.kccougars.com. You can listen to the broadcast on www.kccougars.com, beginning with Cougars on Deck at 6:15 p.m. The Cougars have yet to determine a starting pitcher against righty Mayckol Guaipe (3-0).
Midwest League Stories from August 16, 2012
- Whitecaps' Comeback Soured By Walk-Off Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rattlers hold on to beat Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Lose 4-0 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Fall Despite 9th Inning Rally - Beloit Snappers
- River Bandits roll Kernels, 8-1 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons Outpaced by Hot Rods - Great Lakes Loons
- Groff's Tenth-Inning Knock Lifts Hawks - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Markel Continues Surge, Hot Rods Win in Great Lakes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- River Bandits Keep Hot Streak against Kernels in 8-1 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Diaz, Arias Lead Dragons to 12-6 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Even Series, Beat Clinton - Kane County Cougars
- Lugnuts fall, 2-0, in rain-shortened shutout - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Slug Captains 12-6 - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Win 2-0, Secure Series Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- LumberKings At-Bat against Traumatic Brain Injuries - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Gameday for August 16 - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings Announce "Kings of the Diamond" Softball Tournament - Clinton LumberKings
- Track the Backwoods of Bowling Green at the Ballpark - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees to Welcome Three Millionth Fan - Burlington Bees
- Two Big Innings Lift LumberKings in Kane County - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees Beat Peoria, 5-1 - Burlington Bees
- Snappers Win in Slug Fest 13-10 over Wisconsin - Beloit Snappers
- Snappers outslug Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.