WNBA Spot Features U.S. Women's Basketball Olympic Gold MedalistsAugust 16, 2012 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA)
"The WNBA is very excited to welcome our athletes back from London," said WNBA President Laurel J. Richie. "This spot celebrates their historic achievement and sets the stage for the intense competition we will see in the second half of the 2012 season."
Beginning today, Aug. 16, fans will be able to access the spot - produced by industry leaders Goodby, Silverstein & Partners - via NBA and WNBA digital media channels, including their respective websites, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts. The spot will also premiere on NBA TV later today and will continue to air throughout the month on both NBA TV and ESPN2.
The U.S. team made history for women's basketball in London, winning their fifth straight gold medal and continuing a 41-game Olympic winning streak dating back to 1992 - both Olympic records for traditional women's team sports.
A new challenge awaits these unstoppable international superstars at home: themselves. Now aiming for another coveted title - the 2012 WNBA Championship - the 12 Olympians return to team allegiances and face off on the road to greatness.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 16, 2012
- Sun Casting Community Spotlight on Special Olympics Connecticut - Connecticut Sun
- Liberty Extend Contract of Plenette Pierson - New York Liberty
- Lynx to Wear Commemorative Breast Health Awareness Jerseys on Sunday, August 19 - Minnesota Lynx
- Elizabeth Cambage Returns to Tulsa on August 27th - Tulsa Shock
- WNBA Spot Features U.S. Women's Basketball Olympic Gold Medalists - WNBA
- Liberty Announce Marketing Partnership with Majesco Entertainment - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.