Sale's Does It All in Series-Opening WinAugust 15, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Bowling Green Hot Rods
Sale's line drive home run to the batter's eye in centerfield erased an early 1-0 Loons lead in the top of the fifth inning. The long home run was Sale's first home run in the month of August and just his second since June 11. The homer woke up a Hot Rods offense that had recorded just one hit on the night at the time of the Sale longball.
Two innings later, Sale factored into another Hot Rods run as he drew a leadoff walk in the top of the seventh inning. After stealing second base and advancing to third on a Taylor Motter single, the Rays 2011 first round pick scored on a Juniel Querecuto RBI-groundout. The Hot Rods took a 2-1 lead on the play and never surrendered the lead on Wednesday.
Looking for insurance in the top of the eighth, Sale delivered again for Bowling Green. With the bases loaded and one out, he singled through hole at shortstop to drive in two runs to give the Hot Rods a three run cushion and 4-1 advantage. Sale's three RBI's on the night mark the sixth time he has recorded a three-RBI game this season.
The four runs proved to be more than enough for Hot Rods pitchers, who only surrendered two hits in the win. Shull, who retired ten of his final 11 hitters, was strong in his six innings to earn his third win in the starter's role this season. Reliever Jake Partridge set down all six men that he faced and Austin Hubbard recorded his 18th save of the season in the ninth. The Hot Rods held the Loons without a hit from the fifth inning onward in the 4-1 win.
From Dow Diamond in Midland, MI, the Hot Rods continue their six-game, seven-day road trip on Thursday night at 6:05 AM CDT. Getting the start for the Hot Rods in the second of a three-game set is RHP Parker Markel (8-5, 3.99). The Great Lakes Loons are scheduled to counter with RHP Duke von Schamann (3-3, 3.18).
Tune in to the game on the flagship station for the Hot Rods Radio Network, WBGN-AM 1340 "The Ticket," and online at 1340wbgn.com. The Forever Communications Pregame Show with Hank Fuerst begins at 5:45 PM CDT.
The Hot Rods return home on Saturday, August 18 to begin a seven-game homestand at Bowling Green Ballpark with the first of a four game set with the South Bend Silver Hawks (Future D-Backs) at 7:05 PM. To purchase tickets, log on to BGHotRods.com or call (270)-901-2121.
Midwest League Stories from August 15, 2012
- Chiefs Drop Series Opener to Bees 5-1 - Peoria Chiefs
- Eighth-Inning Rally Lifts Whitecaps To Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Loons Held to Two Hits in Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Demolish Lugnuts, 9-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Watson, Backed by Bats, Pitches River Bandits to 8-2 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hawks Crumble in Eighth, Fall 7-1 - South Bend Silver Hawks
- TinCaps coast past Lugnuts, 9-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bandits Down Kernels, 8-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Hammered at Home - Kane County Cougars
- Sale's Does It All in Series-Opening Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains Shutout Dragons 7-0 in Series Opener - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Blank Dragons 7-0 - Lake County Captains
- Lugnuts Activate Prospect Sanchez from DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons on TV Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for August 15 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Announce Multiple Roster Changes - Dayton Dragons
- K9 Crew Trick Dog Show at Fifth Third Field on Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights for August 18-24 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Milwaukee Brewers Pitcher Shaun Marcum Expected to Make Rehab Start Tonight - Beloit Snappers
- Spectators Welcome at Loons Rock the Clock - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Make Roster Move - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Begin Seven-Game Home Stand Saturday - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.