Red-Hot Carter Leads Hot Rods to Series WinAugust 13, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Bowling Green Hot Rods
After finding it difficult to score runs lately, the Hot Rods offense woke up from its slumber in a big way in the top of the fifth inning on Monday. Malm and Seitzer traded doubles to begin the frame, bringing in the first run. After a Matt Rice walk, Carter singled into centerfield to score Seitzer. Rice then scored on a wild pitch, and Jake Hager drove in his team-leading 63rd run on a sacrifice fly to centerfield. At the halfway point of the contest, the Hot Rods held a 4-0 advantage.
The Bowling Green bats were back into their scoring ways in the top of the sixth inning after the Whitecaps answered with a run in the bottom of the fifth. Seitzer lined a two-out double into left field to start the rally for the Hot Rods. After another Rice walk, Carter again singled to drive in Seitzer. Later in the frame, Josh Sale ripped a single to centerfield to make it 6-1 Hot Rods.
The all-of-the-sudden hot-hitting Hot Rods scored four more times in the top of the ninth inning to cement the win. Hager, Juniel Querecuto, Drew Vettleson, and Seitzer all drove in tallies in the team's second four-run outburst of the game.
Hot Rods starter Ryan Carpenter won his 11th game overall and his fourth win on the road this season. Carpenter's 11 wins now leads the team and slots him in a second-place tie for the most wins in the Midwest League. In 6.1 innings, the lefty allowed just two runs to claim his 11th quality start of the season, a mark that also leads the team. Carpenter needs two more wins to tie George Jensen's franchise-record 13 wins, which was set in 2011.
After an off day on Tuesday, the Hot Rods continue their six-game, seven-day road trip on Wednesday night at 6:05 AM CDT at Dow Diamond in Midland, MI. Getting the start for the Hot Rods in the first of a three-game set is RHP Parker Markel (8-5, 3.99). The Great Lakes Loons are scheduled to counter with LHP Greg Wilborn (2-1, 4.23).
Tune in to the game on the flagship station for the Hot Rods Radio Network, WBGN-AM 1340 "The Ticket," and online at 1340wbgn.com. The Forever Communications Pregame Show with Hank Fuerst begins at 5:45 PM CDT.
The Hot Rods return home on Saturday, August 18 to begin a seven-game homestand at Bowling Green Ballpark with the first of a four game set with the South Bend Silver Hawks (Future D-Backs) at 7:05 PM. To purchase tickets, log on to BGHotRods.com or call (270)-901-2121.
Midwest League Stories from August 13, 2012
- Wisconsin Tops Clinton To Take Series - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- LumberKings Fall 7-4 in Finale to Timber Rattlers - Clinton LumberKings
- Dickson Delivers in Loons Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Lose on Late Unearned Run Monday Night - Peoria Chiefs
- Loons avoid sweep, walk off Lugnuts, 5-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Back to Back Homers Propel Snappers to 3-2 Win - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Avoid Sweep, Top Dragons 6-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Drop Road Trip Finale - Kane County Cougars
- Jimenez and homers lead Kernels to 5-1 win over Kane County - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Claim Series Finale, 6-3 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Silver Hawks and Captains Postponed - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Captains and Silver Hawks Postponed - Lake County Captains
- Tyler Ybarra Heads to DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Zeke DeVoss Named MWL Player of the Week - Peoria Chiefs
- Whitecaps Nearing 100th MLB Debut - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Early Duel Gives Way To Blowout Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Alex Yarbrough to DL; Kevin Moesquit activated from DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Red-Hot Carter Leads Hot Rods to Series Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: August 15-17 - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Gameday for August 13 - Dayton Dragons
- Hit Barrage for Clinton in 9-4 Win - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.