Hodsdon Authors Third Complete Game As Diablos Sweep Sioux CityAugust 12, 2012 - American Association (AA) El Paso Diablos
Hodsdon was on from the start, striking out six and allowing just seven hits in his first shutout among the three complete games. He also worked out of trouble, as the Explorers finished 0-for-10 with runners in scoring position.
At the plate, the Diablos slowly chipped away at starter Nick Schumacher (5-6) with two runs over the first two innings before exploding in the sixth. Valenzuela led off the inning with his first home run since joining El Paso to push the lead to 3-0. Daniel Nelson, Mitch Einertson and Welington Dotel each added RBI's later in the frame as El Paso jumped out to a 7-0 advantage.
J.J. Muse finished the scoring with an RBI single in the seventh.
Hodsdon has now thrown 35 innings over his last four starts, each of them Diablos victories. His third complete game puts him in a tie for fifth in that category.
The Diablos (38-39)are one game under .500 for the first time since beginning the season 1-2 and now head on the road for an eight-game trip against Wichita and Grand Prairie.
American Association Stories from August 12, 2012
- Hodsdon Authors Third Complete Game As Diablos Sweep Sioux City - El Paso Diablos
- Abercrombie's Two Homers Carry Pheasants Past Fargo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Win Streak Snapped in 3-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- McMurray Homers, Bullpen Unhittable in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Drop Series Finale to Amarillo 5-4 - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Goldeyes Place Bailey on Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Sign Auggie Catcher Adam Seaman - St. Paul Saints
- El Paso gets past the Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Diablos Lose Lead In Ninth But Prevail In Extras On Valenzuela's Single - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.