'Dogs Trade for League's Leading SluggerAugust 10, 2012 - American Association (AA) Lincoln Saltdogs
Lincoln sends INF John Alonso (who is currently on the disabled list with a rib injury) and C Alberto Espinosa to the South division leaders.
McMurray is hitting .332 with 12 home runs, 20 doubles and 39 RBI in 62 games for the AirHogs, and leads the American Association with a .623 slugging percentage.
The 25-year old from Mission Viejo, Calif. was originally selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the 2008 MLB draft out of UC Santa Barbara. McMurray reached as high as Double-A Carolina in 2011 before joining Grand Prairie. He helped lead the AirHogs to the American Association championship last season.
Alonso was leading the Saltdogs with nine home runs and 59 RBI but has been sidelined since August 2 with a rib injury.
Espinosa, a former Kansas City Royals farmhand, was hitting .241 with eight home runs and 35 RBI in 2012 at the time of the trade.
Come on out to Haymarket Park Friday night for Saltdogs Duffle Bag Giveaway sponsored by Union Bank & Trust as the 'Dogs host Gary SouthShore! For ticket information call 402-474-2255 or visit www.saltdogs.com.
American Association Stories from August 10, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Diablos Rally From Seven Down, Win Wild One Over Sioux City - El Paso Diablos
- Lemurs Come From Behind to Win - Laredo Lemurs
- Pheasants Fall in Extras to Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Lemurs Get to Miller Again in Comeback Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Short-Handed Wingnuts Rebound in Winnipeg - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lowey Too Much for Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Pile on Early and Cruise to Victory - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Kolb's Four-Hit Night Leads 'Cats to Fifth Straight Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Aint No Offense for St. Paul in 2-0 Loss to Sox - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Release Tomochika Tsuboi, Sign Rookie Outfielder - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Trade for League's Leading Slugger - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Sox gearing up for upcoming three-game series - Amarillo Sox
- Saints to Induct Al Avila into Professional Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame - St. Paul Saints
- Ep Diablos August 10 - Aug 12 Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- Explorers Tee off on Ex-Mate to Salvage Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.