Rapids Appoint David Burke as Chief Revenue OfficerAugust 8, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Colorado Rapids
"David is a passionate, intelligent and dedicated professional who will bring a great deal to our club," said Rapids President Tim Hinchey. "I've had the opportunity to work with him at two NBA teams, and was impressed by his commitment to helping develop a fan base and providing the best possible service to those fans. I'm thrilled that he'll be joining us here at the Rapids."
Burke comes to the Rapids from the Houston Aeros, the AHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild, where he has served as the club's President since August of 2011. Burke was in charge of day-to-day business operations of the Aeros front office, and during his time, attendance increased 21% and the team was recognized with five AHL team awards including Most Unique Sponsorship Package.
Prior to joining the Aeros, Burke was Vice President of Ticket Sales and Service for the Phoenix Coyotes and Jobing.com Arena from 2009 to 2011, where he managed all Luxury Suite Sales, Premium Seat Sales, Ticket Sales and Service for the Coyotes and their stadium. He also served as Director of Season Ticket Sales for the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats from 2007-2009, where his team ranked in the top 5 in new season tickets sales throughout the entire NBA in 2007 by delivering over 2,000 new sales.
A native of Rochester, N.Y. and graduate of the College of Charleston, Burke began his work in professional sports in 2003 with the Dallas Stars, later joining the New Orleans Hornets and helping the club through the temporary relocation to Oklahoma City after Hurricane Katrina.
The Rapids take on FC Dallas this Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. MT at FC Dallas Stadium in Frisco, Texas, and the match will be broadcast live on Altitude, Mile High Sports Radio, and ESPN Deportes Radio. The Coors Light Away Game Viewing Party will be hosted at The British Bulldog in downtown Denver and at Connor O'Neill's Pub in Boulder. For more information, visit www.ColoradoRapids.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from August 8, 2012
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Crew Announces Plans to Honor Kirk Urso - Columbus Crew
- Red Bulls Acquire Goalkeeper Luis Robles - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Giant Scarf Takes Flight for Open Cup Championship - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Crew Turns Attention to Toronto FC this Saturday with Heavy Hearts - Columbus Crew
- Rapids Appoint David Burke as Chief Revenue Officer - Colorado Rapids
- With Less Than Three Months to Go, MLS Clubs Eye Postseason Berths - MLS
- Dynamo Sign Free Agent Midfielder Ricardo Clark - Houston Dynamo
- Former Dynamo Defender Geoff Cameron Receives United Kingdom Work Visa - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.