Mackey Spectacular as 'Dogs Shutout WingnutsAugust 6, 2012 - American Association (AA) Lincoln Saltdogs
Mackey (6-1) allowed just four hits, walking three and striking out five to earn the win. The right hander did not allow a base runner beyond first base after the fourth inning.
A.J. Miller delivered an RBI single with the bases loaded in the bottom of the eighth to break through. Sean Smith singled in another run next to give the 'Dogs their 2-0 lead.
P.J. Zocchi worked a perfect ninth inning for his 18th save.
Anthony Capra pitched six shutout frames, allowing five hits while walking three and striking out six. Nick Walters (1-2) allowed two runs - one earned - in 2/3 of an inning to take the loss.
Jimmy Rohan finished the night 2-for-4 with a walk. Miller went 2-for-4 with a RBI.
The clubs are back at it Tuesday night at 7:05 p.m. for game two of the three-game set. Brandon Sinnery (2-0, 2.84) is slated to pitch against Chris Cummins (0-0, 0.00). Radio coverage begins at 6:35 p.m. on KFOR 1240.
American Association Stories from August 6, 2012
- Pheasants lose early lead, fall to Winnipeg in slugfest - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Increase Wild Card Lead with Wild Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Mackey Spectacular as 'Dogs Shutout Wingnuts - Lincoln Saltdogs
- DeBarr Helps AirHogs Break Losing Streak - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Can't Pick Up Sweep - Laredo Lemurs
- Lincoln Blanks Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Drop Pitchers Duel to RailCats 2-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Gulbransen Dominates Saints in 2-1 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Kyle Hurst, Son of Former Major Leaguer Bruce Hurst, Signs with Saints - St. Paul Saints
- Lowey Named Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Trade Coles, Acquire Former White Sox Farmhand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Fish Swing Big Trade with RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Abercrombie Named League Batter of the Week - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goodwin Leads Way for T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.