DeBarr Helps AirHogs Break Losing StreakAugust 6, 2012 - American Association (AA) Grand Prairie AirHogs
For the first time in the series, the AirHogs (42-33) scored first, with Andres Rodriguez's broken bat single to shallow center against Laredo starter Ryan Sasaki (3-2) plating Jonny Kaplan after a triple in the first.
Two infield singles and another shallow bloop loaded the bases in the third with no outs for Grand Prairie, and Jairo Perez unloaded them with a triple to right-center. Rodriguez followed with an RBI groundout and the AirHogs went up 5-0.
The Lemurs (35-39) got two back off DeBarr (12-4) with a two-run triple by Stephen Pearson in the fourth, but an error on a potential inning-ending double play by Jimmy Mojica at short gave the AirHogs those two runs back in the bottom of the fifth.
Javier Brito answered that with a two-run home run with one out in the sixth to pull the Lemurs to within three again at 7-4, but that was all the scoring Laredo would do the rest of the night, and Chris McMurray hit his 12th home run of the season leading off the eighth to finish the scoring.
Ronnie Morales got a caught stealing and a lineout to end the seventh, Adam Miller pitched a scoreless eighth and Justin Dowdy worked a 1-2-3 ninth to finish it up.
Notes: DeBarr's eight strikeouts tied his season high, set July 21 against Kansas City...Both of Sasaki's losses in his seven starts with Laredo have been against Grand Prairie...The AirHogs signed rookie Daniel Evatt out of Baylor and he made his pro debut with a 1-for-4 night...Brito was ejected by home plate umpire Chaz Stodola after being called out on strikes to end the top of the eighth...McMurray tied Rodriguez for the team lead in home runs, and went deep for the second night in a row.
The 2011 American Association Champion Grand Prairie AirHogs continue their seven-game homestand with a three-game series against the Sioux City Explorers, beginning on Tuesday, August 7, at 7:05 p.m. That night is Twofer Tuedsay, with all fans who purchase a ticket receiving a free ticket to the next Tuesday game at QuikTrip Park. All games are aired live and for free on Ustream by clicking on the link on the AirHogs' home page or visiting http://www.ustream.tv/channel/airhogs-baseball with selected contests aired on Time Warner Cable's Texas Channel. For information on tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site at www.airhogsbaseball.com, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
American Association Stories from August 6, 2012
- Pheasants lose early lead, fall to Winnipeg in slugfest - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Increase Wild Card Lead with Wild Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Mackey Spectacular as 'Dogs Shutout Wingnuts - Lincoln Saltdogs
- DeBarr Helps AirHogs Break Losing Streak - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Can't Pick Up Sweep - Laredo Lemurs
- Lincoln Blanks Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Drop Pitchers Duel to RailCats 2-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Gulbransen Dominates Saints in 2-1 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Kyle Hurst, Son of Former Major Leaguer Bruce Hurst, Signs with Saints - St. Paul Saints
- Lowey Named Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Trade Coles, Acquire Former White Sox Farmhand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Fish Swing Big Trade with RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Abercrombie Named League Batter of the Week - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goodwin Leads Way for T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.