Travs Shutout to Conclude Home StandAugust 6, 2012 - Texas League (TL) Arkansas Travelers
Arguelles (3-12), who limited the Travelers (21-23, 48-66) to a pair of hits and just three total base runners on the night, allowed the initial hit in the first inning when Paul McAnulty singled with two outs. Arguelles would get out of the inning in the next at-bat as he got Casey Haerther to ground into a fielder's choice.
From that, Arguelles retired the next nine batters before Brian Hernandez led off the fifth inning with the Travs' final hit of the game. A string of six consecutive Travs were then sat down in order before Arguelles walked McAnulty to lead off the seventh. None of the three Traveler base runners were able to reach second base against Arguelles.
While Arguelles was shutting down the Travelers offensively, his offense spotted him a run of support in the third inning on a RBI single by Alex McClure, and then gave him some extra breathing room with a pair of runs for his final inning of work in the seventh on a two-run homerun by Carlo Testa. A solo homerun by Brian Fletcher in the top of the ninth inning extended the Naturals' (14-30, 51-63) lead to 4-0.
Following Arguelles' departure in the game after seven shutout innings, Ethan Hollingsworth came on and worked two perfect innings to close out the win, earn the save (2), and give the Naturals the series win, 3-1.
Josh Grube takes the loss for the Travelers and falls to 0-2 in his two starts with the club.
The Travelers will now take to the road for a six-game stretch with a three-game series against the Corpus Christi Hooks and another with the San Antonio Missions. The opening game for the Travs on the road trip is against the Hooks and is scheduled to be played on Wednesday, August 8th with a first pitch time of 7:05 pm.
Texas League Stories from August 6, 2012
- Drillers Earn Series Split - Tulsa Drillers
- Cardinals Beat Tulsa 4-1 - Springfield Cardinals
- Missions Roll 'Riders in Series Finale - Frisco RoughRiders
- Missions Defeat Frisco 12-4 In Series Finale - San Antonio Missions
- Travs Shutout to Conclude Home Stand - Arkansas Travelers
- Naturals Shutout Travelers - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Game Notes, August 6 at Midland - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Beltre Named "Topps Texas League Player of the Month" - Frisco RoughRiders
- Ethan Hollingsworth Named Texas League Pitcher of the Week - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Northern Invader Alert - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.