Spikes to Pay Tribute to Pirates' Lucky Sign with Salute to Zoltan TonightAugust 6, 2012 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) State College Spikes
The Spikes will highlight the winning season being enjoyed by their major league affiliate with a variety of activities to salute the Zoltan. Several followers of Zoltan will be dressed in bubble wrap suits, and the first 100 fans will receive bubble wrap, in honor of the gesture's origins in the 2000 film classic "Dude, Where's My Car - In addition, the Spikes will reveal the backstory behind the Zoltan, with special presentations to spotlight its contributions to the Pirates' winning ways.
Plus, fans can participate in an interactive contest via the Spikes' Facebook page at facebook.com/statecollegespikes during the game. In order to enter, fans must post pictures of themselves flashing the Zoltan sign at the ballpark. One lucky fan that posts a Zoltan pic will then be randomly selected to win an authentic Neil Walker Pirates jersey from early in his playing days. Walker innovated the use of the Zoltan sign on the Pirates after watching "Dude, Where's My Car -
Fans can also use the Zoltan to help the Spikes on to victory and net themselves free Spikes tickets in the process as part of We Win, You Win Night. If the Spikes take down the IronBirds in tonight's game, every fan in attendance will receive a free Spikes game ticket to any future 2012 home game, except September 5. Fans will be able to claim their free tickets by exchanging their ticket stub from Monday night's game for a new ticket at the Spikes Box Office.
It's also Buck Night at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park, presented by 95.3 FM 3WZ. Get into the park with $1 Outfield Bleacher tickets, and then feast on $1 hot dogs, $1 small sodas and $1 bags of peanuts all game long.
Great seats are available for Monday night' s game and can be purchased by visiting the Medlar Field at Lubrano Park Box Office, by calling toll-free (877) 99-SPIKES, or by visiting StateCollegeSpikes.com to buy and print tickets from your home computer.
New York-Penn League Stories from August 6, 2012
- Vasquez Flashes Leather, But Spikes Drop 4-1 Decision - State College Spikes
- Cutters suffer sweep to Connecticut Tigers - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Vermont Rallies Late For 4-3 Win Over Batavia - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Vazquez, Cortez Help Tigers to Sweep - Connecticut Tigers
- Gausman, Coffey Shut Down Spikes - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Connecticut Tigers Home Stand August 7-9 - Connecticut Tigers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - August 6 vs. Aberdeen - State College Spikes
- Spinners Complete Sweep as Pitching Shines Again - Lowell Spinners
- International Camporee Visitors to Attend Tigers Game on August 9 - Connecticut Tigers
- Spikes to Pay Tribute to Pirates' Lucky Sign with Salute to Zoltan Tonight - State College Spikes
- Scrappers Homestand - August 7-8 - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.