SWB Yankees Announce 2013 ScheduleAugust 6, 2012 - International League (IL) Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
Following the four game season opening series with the Red Sox, April 4th- 7th, the Rochester Red Wings (Minnesota Twins), will be in for three games, April 8th - 10th to complete the first home stand of the 2013 season.
"We cannot wait to share with our community the re-constructed PNC Field on April 4, 2013," said Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees President and General Manager Rob Crain. "In only 239 days, SWB baseball fans will finally have baseball back and they will have the opportunity to watch the next Yankee greats in the most fan friendly venue in all of MiLB."
Standard start times for the 2013 season are 6:35 PM for games Monday through Thursday and 7:05 PM for Friday and Saturday games in April and May. In June, July and August standard start times are 7:05 PM for Monday through Saturday games. All Sunday home games at PNC Field in 2013 will start at 1:05 PM.
Two dates have been set aside for the younger Yankees fans, with school days at PNC Field on Wednesday, April 24th and Wednesday, May 8th, both dates feature special start times of 10:35 AM. There will also be a pair of weekday day games with 12:05 PM start times on Tuesday July 9th and Wednesday July 24th.
Rivalry games fill a big portion of the 2013 schedule as Scranton/Wilkes-Barre will play a total of 24 games against three of their biggest rivals. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre will host the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (Philadelphia Phillies), at PNC Field with games on July 6th and 7th, August 3rd and 4th, August 17th and 18th, and August 28th and 29th.
The Pawtucket Red Sox (Boston Red Sox) make two appearances at PNC Field in 2013: the opening series of the season April 4th through 7th and August 21st - 24th.
The New York Mets top affiliate, the Buffalo Bisons and the Yankees will play Triple-A's version of the "Subway Series" over the Bisons three 2013 trips to Northeast Pennsylvania. Scranton/Wilkes will host the Buffalo on June 8th through June 11th, July 4th and 5th, and August 10th and 11th.
The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees will release the promotional calendar including, fireworks dates, giveaway dates and theme nights for the 2013 season at PNC Field at a later date.
International League Stories from August 6, 2012
- Tides Take Opener from G-Braves, 7-4 - Gwinnett Braves
- Bulls Beat Clippers in Rain Shortened Game - Durham Bulls
- Chiefs, Bisons Split Doubleheader Nailbiters - Syracuse Chiefs
- Knights Edge Indians 1-0 in Pitchers Duel - Indianapolis Indians
- Yankees Begin Road Trip with 9-2 Victory over Red Wings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Rochester Red Wings Post-Game Notes- Empire State 9, Rochester 2 - Rochester Red Wings
- PawSox Punish the Pigs at McCoy - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Monday, August 6 vs. Empire State (Yankees) - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Add LHP C.J. Nitkowski from Binghamton - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Announce 2013 Schedule & Game Times - Buffalo Bisons
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- VandenHurk Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Yankees & Rochester Red Wings Hope Week Events - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Indians & Knights Square off in First-Place Matchup - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Red Wings' First Baseman Chris Parmelee Named IL Player of the Week - Rochester Red Wings
- Support B.R.A.K.E.S. Night with Kyle Busch Coming to Knights Stadium - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (Game 1: 5:00 Pm) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Yankees Announce 2013 Schedule - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Hens Lose 10-9 in Longest Game in Fifth Third Field History - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.