Olympics Night at Dodd StadiumAugust 5, 2012 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Connecticut Tigers
All promotions occurring during the game will have an Olympic twist. The mascot race will be complete with a finish line. The Chicken Dance will feature a competition with a judge awarding a gold medal. The Day Newspaper will sponsor an Olympic Toss where the contestant will have three chances to land a newspaper in the Olympic Rings. Select t-shirts during all t-shirt tosses will have gold medals wrapped inside. The Hampton Farms Peanut Toss will feature two moving baskets that the promotions staff will be aiming for. For every bag of peanuts that lands in the basket one person will be randomly selected to win a gold medal. The Tigers will also host Olympics Trivia. The contestant will have to answer two out of three questions correctly to win a gold medal.
Olympics Night will also feature an international food sampling from different parts of the world. Food samples will be from France, Mexico and Greece. The international food sampling will start at 5:30 p.m. on the concourse. Following the international food sampling an Opening Ceremony will take place to kick off the game.
August 9th is also Thirsty Thursday and gates opening at 5:00 p.m. complete with live music and beer specials at "The Hole in the Wall Bar." Olympic Night festivities will start at 5:30 pm.
The Connecticut Tigers are the Class-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers and play in the New York-Penn League. The Tigers saw a 23% increase in attendance in 2011, (the 4th highest in Minor League Baseball), and are in their 3rd season at Dodd Stadium. Tickets are now on sale! The Box Office is open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. In addition, tickets can be purchased over the phone at (860) 887-7962. For more information go online to cttigers.com.
New York-Penn League Stories from August 5, 2012
- Weather Pushes 'Gades to Doubleheader in Jamestown - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Spikes Squander Six-Run Lead in 10-9 Loss to IronBirds - State College Spikes
- Comeback in State College; IronBirds Top Spikes, 10-9 - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Cutters dominated in 9-3 loss - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Lake Monsters Win Rain-Shortened Game 3-1 - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Kirksey, Briceno Power Tigers - Connecticut Tigers
- Spinners Capitalize on 10 Walks in Easy Win, 10-3 - Lowell Spinners
- Olympics Night at Dodd Stadium - Connecticut Tigers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - August 5 vs. Aberdeen - State College Spikes
- Doubledays Offense Shutdown in 4-1 Loss to Cyclones - Auburn Doubledays
- Cutters lose in 15 inning marathon - Williamsport Crosscutters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.