RedHawks Rally Late to Take Series OpenerAugust 3, 2012 - American Association (AA) Lincoln Saltdogs
Lincoln held a lead the entire way until that fateful last of the seventh rally by Fargo, highlighted by a two-run homer by Ryan Stovall.
Jake Laber (5-5) pitched seven innings, allowing four runs on nine hits while fanning three and walking none to earn the win. Moises Melendez (0-2) allowed three runs on three hits in 2/3 of an inning to take the loss.
The Saltdogs held leads of 1-0, 3-0, 3-2, and 4-2 before RedHawks sprung for the late lead.
Mike Provencher finished the night 3-for-4 with a home run, double, two runs, two RBI and stolen base. Matt Forgatch went 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI.
Justin Edwards allowed four runs on eight hits in six-plus innings while striking out five and walking four.
The RedHawks are now 7-0 against the Saltdogs on the season and have won 37 of their last 45 games.
The game was delayed 88 minutes at the start due to rain.
The clubs meet again Saturday night at 6 p.m. for game two of the three-game set. Tommy Palica (2-6, 7.48) will take the bump against former first-round pick Tyler Herron (6-3, 3.92). Radio coverage begins at 5:30 p.m. on KFOR 1240.
American Association Stories from August 3, 2012
- RedHawks rally to top Lincoln - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RedHawks Rally Late to Take Series Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes Beat Explorers in Extras - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Anderson Dominant in T-Bones' Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Lemurs Win First of Four - Laredo Lemurs
- Fronk, Dotel Go Deep In Diablos Series Opening Victory Over Sox - El Paso Diablos
- Saints Derailed by Seven Run Sixth in 8-3 Loss to Gary - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Rally Late to Take Series Opener - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- 'Cats Score Seven in Sixth in 8-3 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Pheasants and Wichita Suspend Play in Seventh, - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wingnuts and Pheasants Suspended Until Saturday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox introduce mobile app sponsored by Sport Clips - Amarillo Sox
- RailCats Start Home Stand Friday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Pheasants Win in Extras to Take Interleague Series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Explorers win 6-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- Hitting Helps Winnipeg Take Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- Hodsdon Silences AirHogs as Diablos Take Rubber Match - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Rohan Unleashed, Sinnery Sharp as 'Dogs Take Rubber Game - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.