Black Bears Lose at Corvallis, Return Home SundayAugust 3, 2012 - West Coast League (WCL) Cowlitz Black Bears
Mikey Murray (Hawaii Pacific) had a good start for the Black Bears, allowing just one earned run (three total) in five innings; Murray struck out four. Ian Ekery (Central Arizona) had a nice outing as well, pitching a scoreless inning and striking out two.
Both of the Black Bears runs came in the eighth inning and were unearned. Konnor Armijo (Santa Ana) had an RBI double and scored a run himself. The Black Bears had three singles in the ballgame and Armijo and Justin Hazard (UCLA) doubled.
They were shut out by the Corvallis starting pitcher in his seven innings of work.
The Black Bears next home game is Sunday, August 5 against the WCL Portland All-Stars and it will be Best Care- Local Care Presents Kids Club & Senior Sundays. There will be a $2 ticket discount for all seniors. Kids Club members get in for free. Kids run the bases after the game.
2012 Cowlitz Black Bears Ticket Packages are available by calling (360) 703-3195 or please visit us on-line at www.cowlitzblackbears.com.
West Coast League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Black Bears No Hit at Corvallis, Return Home Sunday - Cowlitz Black Bears
- Elks return the favor, blowout Gems 14-4 - Bend Elks
- Heartbreak for Sweets - Walla Walla Sweets
- Black Bears Lose at Corvallis, Return Home Sunday - Cowlitz Black Bears
- Elks blown out at home on Bend Broadband Customer Appreciation Night - Bend Elks
- Kelowna Falcons Snap Losing Skid - Kelowna Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.