RedHawks Snap Skid in 7-1 VictoryAugust 3, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Oklahoma City RedHawks
The RedHawks took the lead in the second inning. Brian Bixler was hit by a pitch and then stole second base. J.B. Shuck followed with a grounder to first misplayed by Tacoma's Justin Smoak, allowing Bixler to score.
In the third, Mike Hessman connected on a two-run homer to make it 3-0. After going homerless for 22 games, Hessman has now hit two homers over his last three games.
The Rainiers broke through in the fourth. Vinnie Catricala delivered a two-out RBI single to center to pull Tacoma within 3-1.
Tacoma threatened to score again in the fifth after a leadoff triple Guillermo Quiroz, but Ciserno was able to work around it to keep the RedHawks up by two.
The inning was one of many highlights for Cisnero, who dazzled again in his second start with the RedHawks. Cisnero (2-0) allowed one run on five hits with two walks and seven strikeouts over seven frames. After the triple by Quiroz, Cisnero retired the final the final nine hitters he faced.
After the RedHawks had none on and two outs in the sixth, Bixler walked and Shuck followed with a single. Chris Wallace then roped a double to right field to score both runners and make it a 5-1 game.
Jimmy Paredes began the seventh with a double and an error on the play advanced him to third. Travis Buck immediately followed with an RBI single to put Oklahoma City ahead by five.
Shuck drove in the RedHawks' final run in the eight on a fielder's choice.
Juan Abreu and Mark Hamburger each pitched a scoreless inning in the eighth and ninth, respectively. The Rainiers did not have a hit after the fifth inning.
Making his first start after about a two-week stay on the disabled list, Andrew Carraway took the loss, allowing three runs and four hits over 3.2 innings. Carraway (3-6) walked one and struck out four.
The RedHawks and Rainiers will meet again Friday night at 9:05 p.m. central time. Live coverage begins at 8:35 p.m. on AM 1340 The Game, 1340thegame.com, or through the free IHeartRadio mobile app.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Round Rock wins 8-7 - Tucson Padres
- Chasers Fall 5-3; Five Game Win Streak Snapped - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Fall to Salt Lake - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Skaggs Dominant in 5-3 Aces' Victory - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Rally Past Tucson 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Drop Seventh Straight - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 3, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Coleman Rejoins Iowa, Parker Rehabs with I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Aim to Beat the Heat with Hot Doggest Nights - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Tucson Padres - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Name LHP Brooks Raley Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers, Union Bank Hit a Home Run for Area Youth - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Lose to Fresno in Extras, 4-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Roughed Up By RedHawks, 7-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ely Resilient in 8-5 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cowgill Powers River Cats Past Redbirds, 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- RedHawks Snap Skid in 7-1 Victory - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Salt Lake rallies for win - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Sting Zephyrs, Snap Seven Game Win Streak - New Orleans Zephyrs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.