Generals Lose Heartbreaker to Barons in 11 InningsAugust 3, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Jackson Generals
Nate Tenbrink hit the fourth pitch of the game from Birmingham pitcher Nick McCully out of the ballpark giving Jackson a quick 1-0 edge in the first. It was the second night in a row that Tenbrink had gone deep.
The Barons tied the game in the fifth inning on an RBI ground out from Eric Morrison that plated Justin Greene.
In the bottom of the 10th inning, Jackson reliever Logan Bawcom walked the bases loaded. Bawcom retired the next three batters and got out of the jam Bawcom tossed 2.0 scoreless innings in his Generals and Mariners debut.
Chih-Hsien Chiang put the Generals on top 3-1 in the top of the 11th inning with a 2 RBI single to right scoring pinch runner Stefen Romero and Joe Dunigan.
With two runners on in the bottom of the 11th against reliever Moises Hernandez (4-2), Birmingham's Jake Oester delivered an RBI single to trim the deficit to 3-2. The next batter, Miguel Gonzalez plated two with a single and the Barons walked off with the 4-3 win.
Jackson starter Anthony Fernandez surrendered just a run on 2 hits over 6.0 innings, striking out 2 and walking 1. Yoervis Medina followed Fernandez by tossing 2.0 scoreless frames and striking out 5. Hernandez suffered the loss allowing 3 runs on 3 hits in 2/3 of an inning.
The Generals return to Pringles Park on Friday night, opening a 5-game series against the Tennessee Smokies. First pitch on Friday is at 7:05 p.m. RHP Matt Fox (0-1, 4.50) will start for Jackson against RHP Nick Struck (11-10, 3.71) for Tennessee. The game can be heard on NewsTalk 101.5 FM, jacksongeneralsbaseball.com and the Generals TuneIn Radio Station.
Tickets for all Generals home games can be purchased at the Generals Box Office at Pringles Park, online at www.jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or by calling 731.988.5299.
Be sure to check out the Generals on Facebook at facebook.com/jacksongenerals, and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/jacksongenerals. Also, download the Generals' iPhone or Android app for free to keep the Generals at your fingertips at all times.
Southern League Stories from August 3, 2012
- BayBears Lead Early But Fall Late - Mobile BayBears
- Wahoos Open Series with 8-5 Win over Stars - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Stars Lose Opener With Blue Wahoos - Huntsville Stars
- Taylor Dominates Biscuits as Suns Win 2-0 - Jacksonville Suns
- Lookouts Beat M-Braves, 8-3 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Lemmerman, Lookouts Take Down M-Braves, 8-3 - Mississippi Braves
- Biscuits Blanked by Suns in Opener - Montgomery Biscuits
- Generals-Smokies Postponed on Friday - Jackson Generals
- Smokies and Generals Postponed Due to Rain Friday - Tennessee Smokies
- Bramhall Placed On Disabled List - Jacksonville Suns
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Hunter Morris Named Topps Southern League Player of the Month for July - Huntsville Stars
- Inside the Blue Wahoos Airing Now - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Stars Host "Ducks on the Pond" Night with Wiley Outdoor Sports - Huntsville Stars
- Stars Pitchers Combine to No-Hit Lookouts - Huntsville Stars
- Generals Lose Heartbreaker to Barons in 11 Innings - Jackson Generals
- Barons Walk-Off With 4-3 Win Against Generals - Birmingham Barons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.